9.

××Tuesday 9:05 a.m.××

"Hold it up, you got it?" David huffed as we struggled to lift the couch from the moving truck. We wasted no time after breakfast the next day to start bringing in the rest of the boxes from the truck the next morning even though we were still pretty exhausted. We took out a few last night but we were way too tired to finish, and it also didn't help that Joy never helped really whenever we moved.  Mali and  Joy always had a girl's day shopping around and seeing what was around the area.

"Yeah, but I won't in a minute" I grunted balancing it. We walked into the house and put the couch down in the living room and I sighed flopping down on it. We had been unloading things for about an hour now and we were beat.

"Can we just take a break for a minute?" I sighed tiredly. I'd used all of my energy by lifted heavy couches, mirrors, bed sets, etc.

"I'll give you ten" he said. He started to walk away but stopped with a flinch and groaned clearly sore already.

"20" he changed his mind. After he left, I sighed shutting my eyes trying to doze off when the doorbell rang.

"Calum!" David called to me before I could do the same to him. I cursed under my breath before getting up and heading to the door not bothering to put my shirt on from when I took it off earlier. I opened the door and a girl that had to be my age stood there. I looked her up and down examining her. Curly black hair that reached her forearms, natural light pink lips, milk chocolate brown skin, attractive.

She stood there with a pan in her hands that had tin foil covering the top. I leaned against the door frame crossing my arms.

"What?" I said. I had no patience for her at all and I didn't even know her. I almost felt bad for snapping at her but in my defense, I've been lifting heavy furniture all morning. All I wanted to do was relax.

"Here" she said handing it to me clearly not caring about my tone. Based off of the way she stood and talked to me, I could tell she didn't care at all about the gift. Probably less than me.

"What is it?" I asked lifting up the silver foil a little.

"Brownies" she clarified putting on a small smile

"Oh, thanks. Brownies are my favorite" I said. I looked at her a little longer then realized something.

"Hey, you live like two houses down from me, you're the chick I saw yesterday" I realized.

"Chick?" She repeated ignoring the rest of the sentence.

"Yeah" I shrugged.

"Wow" she scoffed under her breath. I didn't get it. What'd I say?

"See you around" she waved. But before I could say anything else she was walking off.

"Whatever" I mumbled shutting the door. But just before it closed, there was a force on the door stopping. I opened it again and saw a woman standing there and the same girl behind her.

"Sorry, she can be so dull sometimes" the woman said. I looked over for a second before looking back at her.

Who the hell is she?

"Okay..." I looked at her confused. What do you say to a stranger who stopped you from closing your door anyway?

"I'm Anastasia Reynolds and this is my daughter, We live two houses down, I'm a co-worker to-be and friend of your mother. I'm sure she's told you plenty about me" she introduced herself flashing me a smile with her overly white teeth. I didn't miss how she never said what her daughter's name was.