Prolouge

Everyone's heard the legend of Tony Stark, Iron Man, The man who saved the universe.  Everyone knew he sacrificed his life for the sake of everyone else's, and that it was the only way for everyone to be able to live and thrive on earth as they currently are.  However, he wasn't able to see how much his little girl and his wife would miss him.  

He didn't know that once Morgan was old enough, she would play that holographic video from his funeral thousands of times just to get a sense that he was still there with her.  She even went to college for engineering, physics, and any other science she could think of so that she could run her father's company alongside her mother.  She built a suit of her own, modeled after her mother's, and never wore it for fear that it would feel too much like she had put herself in his place.

It wasn't until Pepper Stark died in a car accident and left Morgan on her own that she put the suit on.  It wasn't until right then, the moment that the mask closed over her face and she heard the family A.I. system speaking to her that she ever really even felt close to Tony.  She cried for hours that night, and Happy stayed there for her, acting as the father she never had.  It wasn't until she accidentally flipped on the TV to the news channel that night that she remembered someone else who had been close to her parents other than Happy. Peter Parker, Spiderman.  Happy helped her get ahold of him, and they talked for hours and hours about her parents.  It was almost like having an older brother, someone to be there for her, and fill in the blanks where she couldn't remember or understand things.  He told her all about the Avengers and filled her head with memories that weren't hers.  Memories of joy and triumph. 

That was when she asked him where the avengers were.  The only person she ever really saw on the news acting as a hero anymore was Peter and Captain America.  Everyone else seemed to have just... faded away. It was then that he explained to her that with half of the avengers in exile before the Blip and the final battle where Tony had died, everyone had just given up hero work.  After all, there wasn't much to defend them from anymore, and Nick Fury was out of the job a long time ago. That was the end of their conversation.

Morgan didn't sleep that night.  She kept wondering and wondering who she could find out of the avengers, and what they could tell her about her parents.  Then she wondered if they had kids, and if they did, would they want to defend earth and space the way their parents had, and what would they defend earth from? Asguard was now on earth, and she knew that Captain America had grandkids.  That was two of the many people she could go looking for just sitting there, waiting for her. 

That night, Morgan made big plans, the biggest plans she had ever made in the last 21 years of her life, actually. It was the first time she had ever truly believed she could make her father proud.  She had a few things to do, and they were not easy. That was why she knew she'd need someone born with just as much crazy as she was born with connections to the world. Fury's daughter.