Chapter 11 - Jake - Secrets

I know. Its been over 3 months. I'm sorry.

Dedicated to inyourdreamshobbit because I owe her an apology for going AWOL for the longest time. Forgive me? ALso because she's one of the nicest people I know on here.

UNEDITED

Thin. Chapter 11 - Secrets

Jake.

BEEP Beep Beeeeep

Rolling out of bed, I slapped me alarm clock with all the strength I had. And now I might need a new alarm. Whatever. It's Friday, I'll get my assistant to get me one. Standing up I walked out my bedroom to my ajoining bathroom. 

After showering, and brushing my teeth, I left the bathroom. Changing from my pajamas of an old t-shirt and my underwear into dress pant, a dress shirt and tie. As future CEO of Collins Shiping and Co, I had work today.

I was ready for the day. I rested my forehead on the cool glass of the window in my room. Overlooking the view of the ocean I drew in my breath and prepared for the day ahead of me.  Man, I need coffee. Grabing the matching jacket from my closet, I exited my room and wallked the halls to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mr Collins" Donna greeted from beside the oven. She continued in her accent voice, she had come from Sweeden decades ago to live with her american husband who died shortly before she started working for my grandparents about 25  years ago when they had kids. She had come the year before my dad left home for good.    "Coffee is in the pot. Your grandmother has already left for the offices."

I hated that I wasn't old enought to run the company yet. After my grandfather had passes away, my grandmother had burried herself in the work load at the company to keep busy. I had spent the last four years trying to learn enough about the business to take over after high school graduation.

"Thanks for the coffee, Donna," I sighed as I poured myself a cup of coffee. "But what have I told you about calling me Mr Collins, thats my grandpa and father. Besides that you've lived her longer than me, and I'm only here until the fall when I go back down south for the school year. We don't need tha formality here."

I had moved to the breakfast Island in the middle of the kitchen and to the bowl of breakfast muffins on the top, grabbing one on the top, I unwrapped it and bit the muffin top off. Blueberry. My favourite.

"Donna, have i ever told you that your homemade blueberry muffins are the nicest I have ever had?" I asked the older woman. She surprised me by blushing. "Seriously, you could teach the chefs at starbucks a thing or too."

"I used to be a baker in my home country," She confided. "Baking was my passion when I was younger."

"It shows," I said as I gathered my muffin mess, and placed the scraps into the bin. "If you'll excuse me I have to be getting to the office."

i grabbed my car keys on the way to the garage and hopped into my black audi. Drving into the town I blasted the radio Taylor Swift's single We Are Never Ever Getting Back Togeher was playing. I sang along at the top of my lungs. I'm sure I got a few strange looks at traffic lights.  What, had they never seen a teenage boy sing Taylor Swift at a traffic light before. I blame Leona personally, She was addicted to this song after she broke up with Daniel. I had been there for the fall out and because of this I knew the lyrics to every Taylor Swift album. All four of them. And now I was basiclly a boy swiftie.

"
I'm really gonna miss you picking fights
And me falling for it screaming that I'm right
And you would hide away and find your peace of mind
With some indie record that's much cooler than mine

Ooh, you called me up again tonight
But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you

We are never, ever, ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together"

The song had ended just before I got to the bulding Collins Shipping was located at. Our building was six feet tall but not terribly imposing. It looked basiclly like a town house on the outside. Parking in the underground parking lot, I entered throught the escalator and made my way up to the fourth floor.