The Visit

The wind that surrounded them slowly settled.

Cassie angrily snatched her hand away from his and turned to face him.

"Tell me who sent you kill me!" Cassie demanded.

"I wasn't going to kill you Cassie..." Ladro trailed off, looking at the floor.

Cassie screamed in frustration, she felt rage like never before, and she didn't realised what she had done until Ladro flew back onto a tree before dropping onto the forest floor.

Ladro was dripping wet and he slowly opened his eyes to glare at Cassie.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean-" Cassie stopped when she felt something run down from her nose onto her lip. She lifted a trembling hand to touch her lip.

She saw the blood on her hand before passing out.

****
"Cassie, wake up we need to leave now." Ladro said with urgency.

Cassie slowly opened her eyes and realised she was in a hospital room.

"Get up, the council has been alerted that you're here... we need to go."

"We're in a hospital... " Cassie shot up. "That means my mother is here.... Ladro we need to find her." Cassie pleaded. She started to feel a little dizzy.

"Okay but you need to change your clothes... I'll be outside."

Ladro opened the door but quickly closed it when he saw a reinforcer walking down the hallway.

Cassie looked at him questioningly but said nothing and she quickly changed out of the hospital gown.

"Okay I'm done, you can turn around."

Ladro opened the door and looked out, quickly grabbing her and and pulling the out the door with him.

They were running down the hallway when Cassie stopped abruptly.

"Ladro you can find my mother, doing that wind thing.. you can search the rooms-"

"That'll take too much time." Ladro sighed.

"We could stop time..." Cassie trailed off, hoping Ladro would agree.

"Fine.. don't let go of my hand."

In and out of rooms they went, going to different floors.

Cassie started to loss hope and her strength was diminishing and she could see Ladro was getting tired also.. they moved slower.

Then finally they found her.

"Mom?" Cassie's voice trembled, looking at the woman laying on the bed, in shock... and the woman had the same expression.

"I thought I would never see you again.. I-I thought you were dead..." Cassie sniffed, letting go of Ladro's hand and walking towards the bed.

"Cassie." Her mother gasped

"I can't believe you're alive." Cassie smiled.

"Not for long I'm not... get me out of here." Cassie's mother, Rebecca said in a hushed tone.

"Can you walk?" Cassie asked

"No, I can't..."

"I can carry you." Ladro offered, speaking for the first time since they got there.

"Are you sure?" Cassie said under her breath

"Yes, we need to go now." he said, scooping up Rebecca in his arms. With his free hand, he grabbed Cassie's and they were all engulfed in a tornado of wind.