The escape

Ladro and Cassie had disappeared from where they were sitting and Bea's eyes went wide. She screamed angrily as if that would bring them back.

She was stuck in ... her chance at getting out was gone.

A rumbling in the house was heard.. that only meant one thing.

Someone was opening the door.

A woman dropped to the floor after entering 'the door'

"You... you're the person that placed the bounty on Cassie's head."

Amalia, Cassie's mentor looked up at Bea, standing up. "I can get you out... but you have to do something for me."

"Anything." Bea said eagerly.

"Kill Cassie and this time don't mess it up."

A smile appeared on Bea's face. "I can handle that."

"The council will be very pleased." Amalia stretched out her hand and Bea took it

***********

Ladro, Cassie and Rebecca appeared in another forest, but this time tall dead trees surrounded the area blocking out the sun, making the area dark and eerie

"Ladro... where are we?" Cassie asked anxiously.

Ladro walked forward wordlessly.

"Ladro-" Cassie started but stuttered. Ladro just disappeared and before she could call his name, a hand appeared out of thin air and pulled her.

The deserted area was now a small room with stairs leading downward. Cassie looked around, Ladro and her mother was gone. She was assuming down the stairs...but the dark spiralling staircase made her uneasy.

"Cassie, let's get a move on!" Ladro shouted.

Taking a deep breath, she walked down the staircase. It ended and Cassie was in a living room. "Is this your home?" She asked Ladro as he placed Rebecca, who was now asleep, on a sofa.

"Yes, we can't stay though."

"Why?"

Ladro held up Rebecca's wrist, it had a pulsing glow . "A tracker... Cassie, she was bait. Someone knew we were coming for her."

***

Bea and Amalia appeared in the same forest, Cassie and the others had, moments ago.

"They're here," Amalia smirked, looking at Bea. "You know what to do."

Bea nodded her head before walking forward wordlessly, disappearing into thin air.

Bea walked down the staircase, she smiled remembering the times she spent with her parents in this house.

The staircase groaned under her weight, and the hushed voices she heard before was quiet.

"Is anyone else in here?" Cassie asked Ladro, nervously

"No, It's only us." He replied.

Bea smiled and continued down the staircase.

"Ladro, are you sure?" Cassie nervously asked again.

"Yes! I'm- " ladro was cut short as Bea walked out from around the corner.

ladro rushed in front of Cassie in a protective stance.

"Oh, I'm not here to hurt anyone, I just want to talk..." Bea trailed off before flicking her hand quickly.

Ladro suddenly clutched his throat and his mouth gaped as he tried to get air into his lungs.