A Connection

I woke up on Connor's couch with a raging headache. "What the holy hell happen?" I said sitting up and looking around. Everyone was staring at me and I started feeling super uncomfortable. "Guys unless I have five heads, a cyclops eye, or somehow sprouted more limbs quit staring at me like that." They all moved away and stop looking at me which was a relief. "What happen and who was at the door?" "I don't remember anyone at the door or even getting up to answer it." They all looked even more confused and worried. "Guys chill I'm fine." I got up and immediately felt faint. Probably left over from whatever happen. I got to the door and felt Connor's arms around me helping me to stay balanced."I'll drive you home and Alex will follow and take me back home." He said helping me into the passenger seat and I decided it was best not to argue.

          "Nic....NIc....NIC!!!" I heard my name being screamed. It started quietly at first, then got louder. "Come to us. We want you with us....Forever." I started walking towards the voices. Next thing I knew my breath was knocked out of me and I was sliding down the wall to the ground. "Are you fucking stupid? How many times until you understand?" I looked up and just saw the black outfit that Mr.Stranger was wearing walking away from me. "That hurt." I whispered to the retreating back. "Less than what they'd do to you. I'm also not the one to be worried about." I blacked out.

          I woke up in bed breathing hard. This was the first time I remembered more than just the voices. I stumbled to the bathroom and puked. After I felt I looked in the mirror and decided that I didn't like what I saw. I took the nose and lip rings out and grabbed my car keys. I decided that I wanted this mysterious guy and that Jennifer was not getting him this time. He was mine, there was a connection and I knew it. I grabbed a brighter blonde then I was and grabbed some make up. I also picked up a pair of wedges. Who knew all these stores wore open at four in the morning. I stopped by Starbucks on the way home. "Hey Mike I had to.." That's when he turned around and looked at me. Was he following me? I turned and left sitting in my car head on the steering wheel trying to calm myself before driving. Knock Knock. I jumped and saw Mike standing by my door with my drink. I rolled my  window down and he handed me my drink. "It's on the house today and why'd you leave?" I was still shaky. "Was that you behind the counter?" He looked confused than it looked like something hit him. "Oh no that's some new kid that I'm training." I just shook my head and left.

          I got home and dyed my hair. I was still shaky and I felt sick to my stomach. Maybe this connection wasn't a good one. I got dressed and wasn't breaking dress code of once. The dye actually looked good. It was like platinum blonde and I went kinda natural with the make up. I put the heels on and turned my alarm off. I went down stairs and poked my head into my dad's study. "Bye dad." I said sheepishly. He looked up and stared."Darling you look nice. Really representing us good today. Have a great day and blonde looks great." He smiled then went to his work. I wasn't sure if that was actually a good expression or not but I had to leave now.

          I drove today and walking up the steps I got a lot of looks. I winked and kept walking. I only had one guy on my mind. I felt the feeling that normally was associated with him and felt like I couldn't breath or like I was going to Puke. Maybe both. I kept walking and that's when the pain hit in my head and I had to fight it. I got to my locker and the feeling was overwhelming. "Hey." I heard a deep voice behind me. I turned around and Came face to face with him. I fainted.