:: The Beatles :: I Think I'm In Love With George Harrison ::

You might recognize the story title from Quizilla; yes, I'm the same person that wrote the story going by the same name but I think I'm just gonna start off fresh with this one. The other one was poorly written and I wasn't that much of a good writer back then so yeah, just thought I'd start off new with this Beatles romance. 

Hope you guys enjoy! If you like, please vote and feel free to add in a comment and tell me what you think. You don't have to, but I'd appreciate it. :-)

xoxo Lauren

--------------------------------------

The coffee shop. Three words: Boring. As. Hell. I mean, I don't mind when I'm working alongside my best friend, Sarah, but this isn't what exactly you would call 'business'. It only gets customers twice a week. The shop is impressively big for a coffee shop, but out of all the space that's in here, there's only a few tables that actually have PEOPLE in it.

Unfortunately, the people aren't much help either. As soon as you think they're grateful that you've serviced them with all the tasty delectable pastries and warm blissful tea, they leave behind a god awful mess.  

Why did I pick this job anyway? I realize how much I'm nagging at myself. I stack a plate on top of another as I think in my head, eh.. maybe I should just be grateful that I didn't go down the path which was to help my dad fix cars and get covered in oil, grease, and muck. 

I pick up the plates, stack the empty cup on top, and carry it to the kitchen for it to be dumped in the sink and washed. I was about to push open the door with my foot because my hands were full, but Sarah decided to be a klutz and shove the door wide open in my face, almost making me drop my dishes onto the tiled floor.

She apologizes quickly as she grabs some plates from me to help out, "Oh, I'm sorry, Kristi! I-I didn't see you there!"

"It's fine," I mutter slightly annoyed by nearly losing my balance, "you know there's a reason why there's two doors that serve two seperate purposes: going in and out."

Sarah frowned, whining apologetically again, "I'm sorry. I have too much on my mind right now. It's just..." She pauses dramatically, not being able to finish her sentence. Worrying for her well-being, I gently set the plates down carefully on the front counter and turn to her, about to reach out to grab her shoulder. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She suddenly narrowed her eyebrows and before you know it, she collapses on the counter, sobbing face down with her hair falling freely over her face. 

I didn't know what to do, since this was just all so unexpected. I attempt to calmly reach over and stroke her back, asking in the calmest voice I could try to ask in, "Sarah, are you okay?"

Sarah muttered as she tossed her hair back, wiping her eyes, "Does it look like I'm okay?" Well, that was a stupid question, I instantly realized. I try to make it up to her by glancing around for a quick second, then grabbing a napkin out of the napkin dispenser on my left hand side. I hand it to her in an effort to have her open up to me. She reluctantly grabs it and dabs her eyes as she sniffles and looks at me with glimmery blue eyes.

I ask again, this time making myself more affirmative, "Sarah, what's wrong? Just tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone."

"No, you don't have to.. it's just... my boyfriend... Richard... he cheated on me!" Saying this, she collapses in a tearful heap again and I can't help but feel sorry for her. I've never been in this situation before, so I don't know what to say and how to support her in her time of need. But then again, I never liked the guy anyway. 

I rubbed her back solemnly and whispered reassuringly, "It'll be okay. You'll forget about him. Trust me."  I've already run out of words to say. Luckily, there's no one else in the shop to stare at her in contemporary disgust and awe at the same time, so at least it's just the two of us.