Chapter 2: The Plan

Chapter 2: The Plan

There was silence in the board room.

"Surely, di mo plano sila iharap agad sa media, diba Eduardo?" said Ms. Alcantara.

"No, of course not. Di tayo sasabak sa gyera, unprepared. They would still have to undergo the necessary workshops like normal talents." said Mr. Y.

"Even with a resume like theirs, I'm still not entirely convinced that this is a good idea." said Mr. Gomez.

"Same with me, Eduardo. Nawala sila for what? Almost 10 years? The times have changed. Iba na TV at pelikula ngayon, iba na din ang gusto ng mga tao." said Ms. Alcantara.

"Yes, exactly. And besides, pinagtabi lang picture nila, bagay sila agad? Di pa nga tayo sure na may chemistry sila." said Mr. Gomez.

Mr. Y kept quiet.

He's getting a headache from listening to them.

He looked at Jaime.

"Jaime." he said.

"They will undergo workshops for 6 weeks." reassured Jaime to the board.

"Okay, is that all you need to hear?" asked Mr. Y.

They are still not convinced.

"I still can't believe you are taking a huge risk on these kids! They are has beens, Eduardo! How sure are you na gusto parin nila magshowbiz? Di tayo doormat na kung kelan lang nila gusto ay babalikan nila. Yes, I have seen their movies. They are good. Really good. But you have to consider passion too. Skills are not enough. Pwede yan i-develop.. pero ang passion? They have to have that in order to be great. To be consistent!" said Ms. Alcantara.

Mr. Y really wants a cigarette now.

"Jaime, diba sabi mo na may mga binabantayan ka? Eduardo, why can't we just pair those kids up and see. Surely, sila yung mga talents na consistent sa workshops at kahit di pa sila ganun ka kilala..We can easily remedy that. Right Jaime?" said Mr. Gomez.

Maybe two cigarettes.

"Okay, enough! Since di naman tayo magkakasundo sa matter na to. We have to compromise!" said Mr. Y.

"Are we clear? Gerry? Paulina?" asked Mr. Y.

They both nodded.

"Good. Now, makinig kayo lahat sakin. With all your opinions and suggestions taken into consideration, eto ang proposal ko sa inyo... Jaime, the talents that you are keeping tabs on, with both Vince and Angeli, all of them will complete the 6 weeks of workshops." said Mr. Y.

He looked at all of them.

"Now, once nakumpleto nila yan, they will attend auditions.. Pag napili yung talents, then good. We will go with them and they will have the big break they dream of."

Ms. Alcantara and Mr. Gomez nodded.

"Pag napili sila Vince at Angeli, then they will be the loveteam we put against Q-Ti." said Mr. Y.

"Entiendes?" asked Mr. Y.

Mr. Gomez nodded.

Ms. Alcantara is still thinking about it.

She is tapping her well polished nails on the table.

"Two more things, I would like to add. Then it's a deal." said Ms. Alcantara.

"The floor is yours, Paulina." said Mr. Y.

"First, when Vince and Angeli attend the audition, they will have to go by a different name. I'm sure you get why, Eduardo..Para naman di nababahid ng pangalan nila ang pagpili sa kanila." said Ms. Alcantara.