Chapter 3: Another dream wasted on you

Here I was again in Dr. Wilson's office. I sighed. She smiled at me. I almost returned it, but then I remembered how sad I'd felt the night before. I ate almost all of the ice cream and I have to admit, it did make me feel a bit better.

"So are you actually going to talk to me today?" she asked.

"I guess," I replied. "What do you want to talk about first?"

"Let's start from the beginning. How did you and Jc meet?"

I felt pain in my heart after hearing her question. This story always makes me cry, but I needed to suck it up and just tell it.

"By the looks of it, this is a very emotional story for you to tell," Dr. Wilson said.

I nodded. "It is, but I'll tell it."

Bitch. Slut. Whore. Loser. Ugly. Stupid. Annoying. These were words and insults that I would be called on a daily basis although these words weren't the worst I'd been called.

I was 17 years old and in my senior year in high school. It was the end of the school day and I was walking home. My bullies decided that it would just be a swell time to follow me home and mess with me. I was walking ahead of them and they were continuously shouting horrid things at me.

"Hey bitch, where ya goin'?" the meanest girl, Kate shouted. She hated me for absolutely no reason at all. I kept quiet and didn't respond.

"Are you deaf you dumb whore?!" Matt, Kate's boyfriend shouted at me.

I tried my best to ignore them, but it wasn't easy. The continued shouting even worse things to me, but they're much too vulgar for me to repeat. Halfway through the walk a guy maybe a year or two older than me jumped out of nowhere and helped me. I quickly looked down at the ground to avoid his eyes out of habit.

"Excuse me, but is there a problem here?" he asked sternly.

A chorus of no's went around.

"Well then I suggest that you leave her alone and quit being so damn rude," he replied.

"Um I don't think so," Kate said.

"And exactly why not?"

"Because it's hella fun," Matt chimed in.

"Quit being immature and leave her alone," the random guy said.

"Okay, whatever," Kate said dully and stormed off with Matt and their group of friends.

"Bye bye," he said shooing them away.

I was still looking down at the ground trying my best to avoid eye contact with the stranger. After about a minute, I couldn't take it anymore and was just dying to see my savior. I was immediately greeted by the most amazing pair of sparkling brown eyes I have ever seen looking down into my dull ones.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Uh...yeah I am. Thanks," I said looking down again.

"I had to do it. I couldn't just watch those people being so mean to you," he replied with a small smile.

I nodded, but didn't say a word.

"I'm Jc," he said holding his hand out to shake, which I did. "And you are?"

"Jenna," I said quietly.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Jenna," he said.

I nodded. "You too."

"Well I've got to get going, but here's my number," he said holding out a small piece of paper for me to take. "in case those bullies give you anymore trouble or if you'd just like to...talk," he said with a smile.

I smiled and took his number and put it in my pocket. "Okay, thanks I guess."

"Bye Jenna. Stay cloudy."

"Wait, Jc, what does that...mean?"

He smiled. "You'll know soon enough...if you call me," he said with a wink.

I smiled. "Will do," I said turning around to continue my walk home.

Well that was about it. I looked down and I told Dr. Wilson all of it. Every little detail. By the time I finished telling her this, a few tears were falling.

"I know it hurts to talk about this, but this is what we have to do in order for you to become happy again," Dr. Wilson said softly.

"Yeah I know," I said wiping a few stray tears.

"I know this has been an emotional session for you, so I think I'll let you go early."

"Okay," I said still wiping tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

This one's pretty short, but eh, vote and comment?