The New Beginning

It was the first day of 4th grade. I was very nervious because it was also my first day at a new school. I was super sad. I had a great time at my old school. I was friends with everyone in my grade. That sounds like I was very popular, but I was one of just 7 kids. That is the main reason why my old school shut down. Barely 100 kids signed up but the tuition wasn't enough to keep the school open. I was excited, too, because I got to meet new people. My mom drops me off at the south lot of the school and I already was lost. I had no idea where to go. Luckily, someone spotted me and and decided to help me. It was Nolan. I asked him where to go for 4th grade. Since Nolan was a lot taller than me, I thought he was an older classmen. I was wrong. He was a 4th grader just like me. The bell rang and Nolan brought me to our classroom. Our teacher had a seating chart made for us and you know who I sat by? Nolan. I thought that we had to be friends because we were sitting in the same seats. Guess what? We did become friends. But then during the middle of the year, i began to drift away from him, politely of course, and want to make new friends. I didn't know that being friends with Nolan would be damaging to my image. Every kid that I talked to they said, "I never thought you would be this cool. I guess its because you hanged out with Nolan." I was hurt because I liked Nolan as a friend even though he could be annoying at times. He did give me a friend I could lean on. But there was one girl that didn't say that at all. Her name was Christine Evans. She was a girl with strawberry blonde hair and was around the same height as me at the time. Little did I know that we would be great friends up until 8th grade when I had to change schools again to a public school. Apparently I missed the best year at Christine's school but I had a great year myself at the public school I went to. There was a deeper pool of reality when I met my next wave of friends/highschool baseball teammates. But with all of my new friends, I missed my old ones. Nolan graciously endowed me with Christine's number. She sounded suprised when I got her number. I'm glad I got her number because I feel as if I had never felt closer to her.