UsUk

Pt.2

This chapter isn't too exciting, just real sOft and weirdly descriptive at parts.

Another update? Woah, what a miracle to behold.

At the moment I'm in the process of trying to finish what I had started writing for this book, so once again expect a few more chapters here and there!

Thanks for sticking around! Or if this is your first time, welcome aboard this train wreck of cringe (hopefully you can see the gradual change in my writing? And hopefully it's for the better?)!

Happy reading,

-Miyuki

Arthur's POV

"See you at breakfast!"

Of course I knew what that meant. That was something cadets in our age group would say to each other when wanting to meet in private. Ah, that was when we were still in our training years.

Oh how the years go by.

My heels clicked satisfyingly against the squeaky clean linoleum floors as I walked briskly down the halls towards the lower levels.

And a thousand thoughts raced annoyingly quickly through my head.

What was the purpose of this meeting? Why did Alfred suggest this?

Why did I even agree to this?

Grumbling quietly to myself, I pushed open the heavy iron doors and hopped briskly down four flights of stairs.

It was a simple task, and I reach the end of the staircase in no time.

Upon reaching the bottom of all those steps, I shove another iron door forcefully with my side.

"God, screw these bomb safe doors. We can blow up for all I care." I mutter bitterly, almost hissing at the sudden rush of cold air flowing past me.

And finally, after days of artificial lighting, I could see the outside world in all its naturally lit glory.

Past these 3rd floor doors, was a small ledge. It wasn't really meant for leisure, it was supposed to be used for training and the sorts, but us agents came up here to chat and relax every now and then.

Management didn't seem to mind as long as we used it responsibly and at the right time.

And I was quite thankful for that.

It was a brisk autumn day, and I quickly noticed that above ground, the once lively green leaves had been drained of their youthful colours in exchange for a set of dull ones, save for the few yellows, reds and oranges that were hanging around lazily here and there.

"It's already autumn huh...." I gasped quietly, allowing myself to just be stunned by nature's beauty, and be a little frightened by the hasty passage of time.

And for a few pristine moments all was still. The war was nothing but a far away noise, an annoying mosquito with a loud buzz that gave up on draining me and flew away.

"Real pretty, ain't it?" A young voice suddenly cuts in from above, nearly startling me from my thoughts.

How could I have been so stupid as to lower my guard like that?

"...Yes Alfred, indeed it is." I sigh, craning my neck upwards and squinting against the sun to see him perched lazily on the overhang above the doors.

The sunlight was filtering in through his blonde hair like golden threads, and he was lit up with an assembly of rays that created a halo around him.