Sweet Avenue

'I stop for every flower
everything is soft and slow
now all these tastes improve
through the view that comes with you.
like they handed me my life
for the first time it felt right.'

Once again, the train is running late.

Someone have better fucking died.

I know I shouldn't worry about being late, I'm the boss and it's just a guitar store. I guess I could skip coffee, since it is the opposite direction of work.

Or maybe just go to a closer one.

I heard there's a cute café a few blocks away from work. I guess I could try it.

The ride on the train was painful as always, but I had Jawbreaker playing through my headphones to help.

I looked up were the café was on my phone, it was much closer than I thought. I can't believe I haven't been there yet.

I had 20 minutes before I had to go to work so why not try this place.

I walked towards the direction that my phone told me too, it was called the 'Fat Cats' which was super cute.

I ended up almost passing it, but the colorful sign outside caught my attention.

It was a cute pink fat cat with a cup of coffee.

Fuck this place was cute.

I walked in inside and the sent of coffee hit me in the face. God I think I love this place.

"Hi can I help you?"

I look at the front counter to find a boy with bright red hair and a Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt.

My heart stopped, this was him.

This is the boy I'm gonna marry.

I knew.

"Hello? Are you okay?" He asked smiling.

"I-I'm fine um-" I stopped when I heard it.

Sweet Avenue by Jets to Brazil.

"Is Jets to Brazil playing?" I asked.

"Yeah! You know them?" His eyes lit up.

"Are you kidding? I fucking love them. I'm guessing you're a Jawbreaker fan too or...?"

"I love Jawbreaker! They're how I found out about these guys." He smiled.

"Jawbreaker is probably one of my favorite bands, look." I turned my head and showed off my 'Jinx Removing' tattoo to him.

"Oh my god that's so cool." He got a closer at it and smiled at me.

"Wait, hold up." He said and untied his apron around his waist.

"Mind if I take my break with you?" He asked blushing slightly.

"I would love that." I said.

"I'm Gerard."

"I'm Frank, nice to meet you Gerard." I smiled at him.

I met the love of my life in that coffee shop, With Jets to Brazil in the background.

I instantly fell in love with that boy who greeted me first thing.

I fell in love with Gerard way.

what??? a oneshot book??? yep. i probably shouldn't start this, but ya know.
anyways i decided im gonna start writing one shots off of song lyrics.
Jets to Brazil is a great band and so is Jawbreaker.
they have the same lead singer, btw.
so yeah this is a thing. there's a short lil chapter you guys.
i hoped you like it, please feel free to comment songs that i should write to!
also give that song a listen bc its honestly the best.