Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter 23

Sophie's POV

We got home around eight o'clock and I ran upstairs and put pajamas on. That dress was so uncomfortable. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch. I'm not feeling too good. My throat hurts really bad. Crap. Whenever I feel like this I usually get tonsillitis. Which means no voice and a high fever. Shit. Please don't let me get sick. I went into the kitchen and made myself some tea and honey. Hopefully this helps. I went into the living room and turned on the TV. I started watching Law and Order when Demi walked in and sat down next to me. I don't feel well at all.

"Dem I don't feel too good. I'm gonna go sleep okay? Night." I said hugging her. She kissed me on the forehead.

"I'll come up in an hour. See you in the morning. Love you!" She said

"Love you too." I said walking upstairs and lying in bed. My throat hurts so badly.

NEXT MORNING

Sophie's POV.

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my throat. I went into the bathroom and opened my mouth. Yep. I have tonsillitis. White speckled tonsils. And high fever. And yep. No voice. I tried yelling for Demi but nothing came out. I was pale as paper. I dragged my body into the bedroom and saw Demi sitting up on the bed on her phone. I whimpered and she looked up. Her eyes got wide.

"Whoa babygirl you're so pale!" She said running up to me. She felt my forehead

"And you're burning up!" She said. I whimpered and faceplanted into the bed.

"Babe open you're mouth." She said. My eyes got wide and I shook my head quickly.

"Please baby. I need to see is this is serious." She said. I slowly opened my mouth and she gasped.

"We need to go to the doctors. Like right now." She said.

Demi's POV

When I mentioned the doctors Sophie started shaking.

"Baby no one will hurt you. Trust me. I will not let anyone hurt you." I said rubbing her temples. I could feel her head throbbing in my hands. Poor baby. I carried her bridal style into my car, ignoring her protests. I sat in the car and started it.

We got to the doctors, which I had to practically drag Sophie into, and sat down in the waiting room.

Sophie's POV

I didn't want to be here. At all. My throat feels like its being stabbed and my head feels like someone is slowly crushing it. Holy mother of God. It's so bad. My head hurts and my throat hurts. We got called into the room and I sat on the bed. I tried talking but all that came out was whimpers. Demi turned towards me.

"What is it baby?" She asked. I pointed towards the door. Indicating that I want to go. She bit her lip and shook her head. I looked down at my nails and picked at my nail polish. The doctor came in and I was relieved that it was a woman.

"Open your mouth sweetie." She said. I slowly opened my mouth and she looked in it.

"Looks like tonsillitis." She said. I nodded slowly.

"I can give you some antibiotics." She said scribbling down a prescription and giving it to Demi. We left the doctors office and went to the pharmacy to get my meds then went home. I went into the living room and sat on the couch. I took out my phone and tweeted

@sophielovato: ugh. I have tonsillitis. Which means bye bye voice and hello headache. 😞

Demi came and picked me up and brought me to the bedroom I was whining the whole time. I just want my voice back.

She lied me down on the bed and took my phone. I tried talking but nothing came out. So I just whimpered at her. She looked at me.

"You need rest. Which means no phone." She said. I lied down and closed my eyes. I drifted off into a deep sleep.

'I woke up in a dark alley alone. I looked over and saw Demi lying down. I ran over to her and shook her. She didn't wake up. I rolled her over and saw she was white as a ghost. No no no no no. I felt her pulse but there was nothing. I cried and shook her harder. I heard cackling behind me. I quickly turned around and saw my mom laughing.

"Demi isn't here to protect you anymore honey." She said. I turned towards my mom.

"What did you do!? Why didn't you just kill me!?" I screamed

"That's no way to talk to me young lady! I will kill you. Slowly and painfully." She said slapping me across the face.

I turned towards Demi and sobbed into her chest.

"Please wake up for me please." I said with tears rolling down my face.'

I shot up out of my bed. My head throbbing in the process. Demi was right next to me looking at me like she saw a shark.

"You okay babygirl?" She asked. I shook my head crying into her. I still couldn't talk. All I could do was whimper. Oh my god. I'm so sick of this. All I wanted to do was scream. I quickly ran out of Demi's grasp into the bathroom. I shut and locked door I tried to find my blade. I couldn't find it. I just used my nail scissors. I sliced my wrist a couple of times before the door shot open. Demi came running in and grabbed the scissors out of my hand. She put them in the garbage and took me in her arms. She grabbed my wrist and kissed it.

"Baby." She said. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks. Which made my head ache even more.

"I'm not gonna ask you now but we are talking about this later." She said kissing my forehead. She picked me up and brought me to the bed.

She lied me down and lied next to me and wrapped me in her arms. This is where I felt the most safe. In Demi's arms.