Chapter-1

"Drew." I hear someone say but I don't bother to get up. I just turn my head into the ground. When I do, sand goes up my nose and in my mouth I sit up remembering that I slept on the beach last night.

    "Crap." I say trying to get the sand out of my mouth. I look around to see who was calling my name hoping it was not my dad. I spin all the way around to see one of my two best friends, Jude.

     "What the crap Drew why did you sleep on the beach? If you don't get up soon you will be late to school you know". He says try to look me in the eye. I shutter remembering my horrible dream last night and I stand up so I can greet Jude. 

    "What time is it?" I ask Jude ignoring his last question. He pulls out his phone to check the time.

    "Ugh it is 7:30." He says looking at me.

    "What do you mean I am going to be late to school? It starts in 30 minuets!" I say to looking back at the crashing waves and wishing I could be out there surfing.

    "Have you not looked at your self? Drew, You have sand all in you hair and you smell horrible." He says smiling at me.

    "Well at least I don't smell as bad as you." I say. I take his hand and lead him up my house so I can get ready for school. My house is light blue with gray trimming. I have a pretty nice house the only thing missing is a garden.

    I walk up the stairs leading to the door. I put my hand on the rusting door nob and pull. The door makes a horrible sound almost as if someone was torturing a mouse. I hold my breath hoping my dad is not home. When I hear nothing I let myself breath. I pull Jude in and make him sit in the living room.

    "Stay here ok?' I ask him looking at his bright green eyes and run my hand throuh his brow hair as I walk. 

    "Ugh don't do that." He says trying to fix his hair. I giggle and walk to the bathroom. The floor boards creek as I walk. I start dancing around trying to make a song out of the creeks. I twist and turn making the annoying creeks into one of my favorite songs, Let Her Go by Passenger. I turn to fast and fall smak down on my boney butt. I can hear Jude start laughing making my laugh too. 

    "Don't laugh at me." I say between laughs as he walks to help me up.

    "You are so stupid Drew." He says trying not laugh. He outs his hand out so I can get up.

    "Shut up." I say trying my best to make a mad face. This only makes him laugh even more. I make a funny face at him and walk into the bathroom shutting the door. I look in the mirror to how bad my hair is. Sand is everywhere. I shake my head like a dog when it is wet. I have always loved dogs. When I was lillte I would go around licking people like I was a dog. I smile just thinking about that. Sand goes fly all over the place. I swear under my breath and look at myself in the mirror.

     Everyone says my eyes are so gorgeous but I don't know why. They are bright blue like my dads. I wish they wenr't like my das. I wish they where green like my moms. Her eyes where so amazing. They looked like a fresh cut lawn that has just been rained on. I remember when I was little I would always look at them.

    I decide to get in the shower so I strip down and turn on the water. I get in as the warm water crashes down on my back. If I did not have school I would just sit down and stay here all day. I love showers becuse I alwasy do my hardest thinking in there,other than down by the water.

    I hurry washing my hair and body and turn the water off. I get out and dry off. I look around for my clothes but I forgot to bring them in. Shoot. I am going to have to walk to my room in just a towel and Jude is here.