Breakaway

I look down at my small toes painted the color of lava flowing over rocks. I always loved the feeling of sand in my toes. I wiggle my toes around and dig a hole to put my feet in. I cover up my tan feet with the golden hot sand.

    You can see little spots of red seeping through the sand. I breath in smelling the salt and sea weed. I look up at the crashing waves and smile. The waves start as a little bump and gets bigger and bigger, as if they are racing each other to see who can crash the fastest.

    The wind is blowing very hard and I know now is not the time to be out and about so close the dangerous water. I still long to be closer so I step out of the small hole I buried my feet in and walk closer to the water. I watch as the sand goes from gold to gray and I start to leave footprints.

     I don't stop, I just keep walking. I walk until I can feel the water press against my thighs. I watch as a huge wave comes towards me. I stand still and plant my feet the best I can into the sand. Soon the wave crashes and sends me backwards but I catch myself.

    The water is up to my hip now but I don't care I love the feeling of the cold salty water coming into me. I always go to the water when I miss my mom or when I feel like I have to get away from the rest of the world. Most people think I am weird because I still go to the water after what happened but it only made me want to go more. 

     I walk back to the beach because the wind starts making me cold. The wind blows my hair over my face. I look at my long wavy light brown hair. It seems to go on and on forever. The sun starts to set. The water sparkles as the sky fills with reds, yellows, and oranges.

    Purple pushes the light blue out of the sky. Now is the best time to surf but the most dangerous. I watch the sun set because it is one of my favorite things to do. I walk back so I can sit in the dry warm sand. I wrap my arms around my legs and try not to shiver.

    Maybe wearing a sweater dress and leggings was not the best idea. I lay down so the warmness of the sand can dower me. I start thinking of my brother as I watch the bright colors get pushed out of the sky by midnight blue.

     I toss and turn trying to get the image of the thing my dad has become out of my head. He comes close slurring his words. He leans down to whisper in my ear. He tells me how ugly I am and if it was not for my brother, Mike, I would not be living with him.

    I try to tell him it is not true but I can't speak. He reaches to grab his belt. I try to scream for my brother but noting comes out. I watch as my farther races his hands down to whip me. I sit up right as the belt was going to collide with my skin. I clutch the sand as I  breath heavily trying not to think about what just happened in my dream.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This is my first book so tell me what you think! I will be trying to update once a week if not more! -Lilly