Heading Out

3:55 P.M. (Milissa)

I hear all of my friends outside of my bedroom. I am full of excitement since our plans are finally going into action. I've been waiting for this moment for a couple of months now, but it finally has arrived. These things I think as I grab my camera off of my bedside table. Once I grab my backpack and camera, I stand at my bedroom door; I think of an opening saying, and I start recording.

"Hey, so my name is Milissa. My sister's friends and my best friend are fixing to leave and stay the night out in Southtown." I tell the camera.

I walk past the doors and down the hallway; Getting to the couch where everyone except Alexandra is.

"Where is Alexandra?" I ask JO.

"She still getting her things ready in the bathroom."

"Alexandra hurry up already!!!" I yell facing towards the bathroom door.

"I'm almost ready! Gathering a few more things for the trip! Give me just a couple more minutes and I will be!"

"Okay, well try to hurry it up a little. We will need about an hour to get there!" I tell her.

"Will do." She responds.

"BEEP"...."BEEP"..."BEEP"..."BOOM!!!" I notice the radio going off.

"Hey Carly, will you turn the radio up for me please?" I request.

"Yeah! Sure thing!"

Carly gets up and off of the couch; She then turns up the volume on the radio.

"THIS IS AN ALERT FROM THE COUNTY SANATORIUM AND ASYLUM. DO NOT GO OUTSIDE. AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS PATIENT, BENJAMIN GONERS, HAS ESCAPED OUR FACILITY AND IS NOW ON-THE-RUN. IF YOU DO GO OUT TONIGHT, BE VERY CAUTIOUS."

The message repeats, and then the radio beeps again. After, I look up at everyone in the room.

"Should we still go out tonight?" Carly asks me.

"I'm not for sure."

"We will be fine. Besides, if our cabin really is hidden, a mental hospital patient is going to escape and try to find it. It will be okay as long as we stick together and be careful. Sophia tells us.

"I think that whatever happens tonight would be for a reason. We've had this planned too long just to back out now." JO tells Carly and I.

"Yeah....Alright." Carly and I agree with them.

We hear the bathroom door open. I look over to see if Alexandra was walking out yet; She comes out with a backpack on her and she looks at me to see if I'm ready.

"You guys ready to go?" She asks.

"Yeah were ready!" Carly agrees.

"Alright, so we're going to drive out to the park now; so I'll record again once were hiking." I shut the camera off.

"Alright let's go you guys!" I tell them.

We all walk outside on the front porch.

"Where is Dad at?" Alexandra asks.

"I'm not for sure...I thought that he would be here by now." I respond.

"Let me go in and call him."

"Alright."

She walks back in the house and calls dad from the home phone. After she calls our Dad's office, she walks back outside.

"He has a meeting that might last an hour," Alexandra tells us.

"I guess that we will have to walk then," I tell the group.

"Ugh," Sophia complains.

"That's fine Alexandra; We will have enough time," Joan tells Alexandra.

We walk down the road; Following a map that Alexandra had packed. After walking for around thirty minutes, taking breaks in between of course; We finally arrive at Southtown. Alexandra then takes the lead; We walk down the trail until we reach the point at which we turn off, and I then grab the camera out from my backpack and press the record button.