18. The Party

Friday 11th of September, 2015

I turned my wrist while holding the curling iron. I released it and let my hair strand fall on my shoulder in a cute curl. I grabbed another strand and did the same. While holding the curling iron in its place, I turned to look at the clock that was on my wall.

"30 minutes." I whispered to myself.

I took a deep breath and continued on curling my hair. I rarely did anything to my hair since I liked it when I had it in my natural waves. But this time I wanted to look a little different. I ran my fingers through my hair, separating the curls a little bit. I shook my head and let my hair fall naturally on my shoulders. I turned off the curling iron and left it on my desk. With my index finger and thumb I pulled my black thick tights a little higher. I was wearing a floral chiffon dress that had buttons on the front. I grabbed my perfume from my nightstand and sprayed it on my wrists and neck. My hands were visibly shaking. I was dead nervous. I had never been to a party before and everyone was going to be there. Everyone. I wasn't sure about Justin, though. I hadn't seen him today at school which made me really wonder. Was it because we kissed? Of course I started to think like that. If he didn't even text me, something was clearly wrong. And second of all, I was worried. What if something had happened to him? What if he was in the hospital and I didn't know about it? What if-

"You look nice, dear." my mom's head popped from the door crack.

I jolted a little. I had been so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even hear her coming and opening my door.

"Thanks, mom." I smiled at her.

"So you're going to your first ever post game party. You must be excited." she came over to sit on my bed while watching me get ready.

"Yeah, I'm buzzing." I murmured as I applied some mascara.

"I remember when Abbie went to her first party. She was so nervous that she even begged for me to text her while she was there. She was so cute, though." mom giggled, probably picturing Abbie rushing around her room and getting ready, just like I was right now.

"What about Alex? I bet she didn't even blink as she left the door." I smirked.

She was such a party girl.

"Yeah. I'm sure she had gone to parties without us knowing it. " mom sighed but with a smile on her lips.

I nodded, smiling and zipping my makeup bag shut.

"Sit down for a second, Ava, there's something we need to talk about." she patted the free place next to her.

My stomach turned. Had I done something bad? She knew about Justin, didn't she? I nodded and kindly sat down next to her.

"Is it something bad?" I asked her, carefully.

She chuckled and shook her head. Thank God.

"You know, when it's a party, there's also gonna be alcohol, okay?" she placed her hand on my thigh and looked at me intensively.

I nodded slowly. I could see where this was going.

"I want to remind you that you're only 15. I understand if you want to know what alcohol tastes like."

There was a short pause. She took that time to examine my expression like she was trying to read me. Maybe trying to get an answer to her indirect question.

To be honest, I didn't know if I was going to drink alcohol. If the time and the situation was right, then maybe. But maybe. I wanted to be careful, though. I didn't want to end up like Casey and more importantly if Justin was there, I didn't want to humiliate him.