Torture

Bellatrix tortured us for hours. And I mean us, because while she tortured them, I was in torture from being unable to help them.

They knew the consequences if the Death Eaters should find out that I know about who I am, especially Bellatrix, she'd tear the flesh from my body before I could get away. I was their last hope and they needed to play along and hate me.

I tried to keep a straight face, pulling a look of disgust every now and then, but it was impossible not to flinch at Hermione's screams.

I wanted to throw myself at Bellatrix, grab her by the hair and yank her off of my friend. But I couldn't. It would mean the death of us all if I dared to move from my spot.

Draco would visibly flinch by my side, but I tried to hide it. I had to hide it.

"Stupid girl, how did you get into my vault?!" Bellatrix screamed in Hermione's face.

Every time she refused to say anything, Bellatrix would burn another letter on her arm. It went on for a while until there were three words on her arm, all of which spelled, "Mudblood".

"Tammy!" Bellatrix yelled for me as she started to push herself off the ground.

I glared at her in response.

"Go with Wormtail and fetch the boys from the cellar," she instructed me. "This filthy Mudblood isn't going to say anything, so maybe the boys might as they watch her die." Pure evil stretching across her face.

My insides were curling up in a mix of emotions. I could feel a fire burn in the pit of my stomach. But I had to keep it back. I turned toward the cellar and followed Wormtail down.

He opened the gate and all of a sudden, he went down.

I wasn't surprised. I stepped aside and dragged Wormtail's unconscious body into the cellar.

I looked around and it was empty, the others must've found a way out. Harry and Ron locked me in the cellar and I handed them my wand through the bars.

"Be careful," I whispered to them, "Bellatrix is nuts and please, tell Hermione I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry I couldn't do anything."

"It's ok, Tammy," Harry said softly. "There wasn't anything you could do to help her that wouldn't blow your cover."

I nodded and watched them run up the stairs.

I sat down on the floor and waited. There were screams, a loud crash, more screams, and then silence.

I feigned unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short. This is all I can muster what with school going on. Senior year wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Hope you don't hate me too much. I'll try and upload soon.

Much Love

Courtney <3