1st Light: The Way Things Used To Be...

~Steptember 21st, 2045

"Daddy! Daddy! Look! Look it! I drew a picture!"

"I can't look right now sweetie, daddy's working. Go show the maids."

"B-But daddy..."

"I'll see it some other time when I'm not busy, alright sweetheart? No go play."

".................Okay papa."

That's how it was. That's how it always has been. Ever since that day, Father and Mother hardly ever pay attention to me anymore. I never got to show my dad that drawing, yet I still keep it. I don't understand why, maybe its just this hope that I have. That one day... I can show him this drawing of his past 7 year old little girl.

I miss the way things used to be before that day. Mom and dad were spending every second they could with me. They smiled more, laughed, and joked. Now, everything seems silent and dead. It feels as if all those other fun times never happened and I was just dreaming them.

"My lady?" A male voice was at the door and I lifted my head off my desk. I stood up, taking my white heels off and lifting my dress off the ground with my figners like I was taught.

"I-I'm coming!" I called, going to the door. I stepped on a part of my dress and yelped as I fell forwards onto the ground. My tiara fell off my head and my hair fell out of my messy bun and all over my face. I  pouted and sighed, sitting up on my knees. The door opened and I looked up, pushing my hair out of my face.

"P-Princess Sylvie! Are you alright?" The short brown hair and those brown eyes were too familar for me not to know who that was.

"J-Jordan, I'm fine. Sorry if I worried you." I took my butler's hand and he smiled, pulling me up. That smile that cheered me up all the time. Even when we were little children that smile made me giggle. It wasn't a full smile, it was just a cute little half smile that everyone in the castle adored.

"Princess, you shouldn't apologize. Just please be more careful." He dusted my dress off and picked my tiara off the floor. "A beautiful woman like you needs to be more graceful on your feet ya know?" He gave a wink and I looked away shyly.

"Y-Yes, I-I know I've gotten this lecture several times before." I hid my blush from him as he laughed. Jordan was not only my faveorite butler, but my best friend. We've known each other since we were children and I've grown attatched to him. We're normally at each other's sides and I love him to death. N-Not like t-that or anything b-but he's a really sweet guy! He takes good care of me.

"Princess, would you like to come out to the gardens...? I-I have something I need to tell you." Jordan looked at the floor and tugged on his tie. I blinked and nodded, taking his hand.

"S-Sure thing."

This is the moment where I wish things were the way they used to be... Because this moment was the start of a new beginning for me...