One Last Time

Pete woke up to a sound of a beep noise. He went to lift his right hand to rub his eye but was stopped by a piece of metal digging into his wrist.

"What the fuck?" He said with a raspy voice. He looked to see his hand was handcuffed to the bed. He then noticed the IV in his arm and the heart monitor by him.

"I wouldn't move so much if I was you" Pete turned to the voice to see a Gabe.

"What's going on? Why am I in the hospital?" Pete asked.

"The cops got a call from a room by yours and Patrick's. They had to bust the door down and found you knocked out. You almost died from a overdose. Hayley is beyond pissed right now she's heading over here" Gabe explained.

"And I'm here" Pete looked towards the door to see a angry Hayley. Gabe got up and left since he didn't want to interfere with their conversation. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"I don't know? Can I get this handcuff off?" Pete asked.

"No cause you are arrested at the moment."

"What the fuck! They can't arrest me!" Pete yelled pissed off.

"Yes they can Peter. You had a lot of illegal drugs on you. Where is Patrick by the way?" Hayley asked as she sat down in the uncomfortable chair.

"He's gone" Pete said looking at his left hand.

"What do you mean he's gone?" She asked confused.

"I told him to leave. He's better off without me"

"Is this you telling me you guys are separating" Pete just stayed quiet. "I thought you guys were doing good"

"We fucking weren't! Okay! I got him hooked on all these drugs and he had so much potentially and I ruined him. I made him miserable" Pete yelled.

"Did he say he was miserable?" Hayley asked with a calm voice.

"No" Hayley made a face that pretty much said, 'you are so stupid' "Why did you make that face?"

"Cause he didn't say he wasn't happy. Maybe he truly was happy with you. You can't just assume things, Peter." She stood up and start walking to the door. "I'm gonna try to get the cops off your back so you can get home"

Pete laid there wondering if his publicist was right. Of course she was but he didn't want to admit it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick had finally gotten to Chicago and to his home. He walked in and headed to the bedroom and laid back on the bed. He knew he had no clothes at this house so he would have to stop at his mom's.

He left the house and took the short journey to his mom's. When he got there he knocked on the door and waited for her to answer.

"Patrick! How have you been dear?" She said hugging her son.

"I've been so so. I just wanted to get a change of clothes" he told her.

"Oh of course. Your clothes are still up in your room" he nodded and went upstairs to his childhood room. He went and quickly changed to the ripped jeans and red baggy shirt. He really did lose weight.

He went back downstairs to see his mom in the living room.

"I made you a sandwich dear. You left before I could give you it last time. Of course I made a new one for you"

"Thanks mom." He said as he sat down.

"Is Pete okay? I heard he's in the hospital" she said.

"Um I don't really know what's going on" Patricia instantly knew something was wrong with her son.