Chapter 13.

Ace has been constantly calling my phone the past few days. I hadn't talked to him since that night we had sex which was some months ago now. I don't ignore his calls, I do talk to him. I make sure no one is around while I'm doing so though. Me and him have really good conversations, he keeps me laughing the whole time. I have taken my daughter around him and his son at all. I just really don't think that's appropriate at this time.

Jacques always seems to be gone now. He use to just be at home chilling all day. You know how he use to sell drugs and things a few years back? He's still doing that, sadly and has yet to be caught by the police. Whenever he's gone, that's just what I assume he's doing cause he never tells me where he's going, even if I'm going with him most of the time I don't even know where he's taking me but I trust my man. I don't believe he would do me wrong.

Now Mia... She's been M.I.A the past week or so. I haven't gotten a call or text from her and I haven't hit her up either but I have been talking to Aaliyah. I talk to her pretty much everyday, which reminds me I need to hang out with her. I miss her. When Mia and I stopped being cool because I found out she was talking to my very much recent ex at the time, I became best friends with Aaliyah almost instantly. We connected on a whole different level than what me and Mia had and I still feel that way to this day.

Today my last class ended at 11:45, so I headed straight to my mother and father's house to pick up my daughter. She had just eaten before I got there and was sound asleep once I arrived. I didn't want to wake her so I sat down for a while and talked with my mom.

"So, when are you and that handsome young man of yours are gonna tie the knot?" She boldly asked.

I laughed at her. I wasn't even thinking about a wedding yet. "I don't know Mom, maybe in a few years or so?" I told her.

"A few years," She was shocked. "He should have married you at soon as he found out you were pregnant. That's how we would have did things back in my day. Me and your father got married as soon as I turned 18, then we found out I was three months pregnant with you a month later." She started explaining. "I can't believe that boy hasn't even made an effort to come meet your parents on a deeper, more personal level after all these years of being with my daughter." She continued.

I couldn't help but laugh at her. "Mom, I'm fine with not being married. Yeah, we had a child before marriage but I still plan to be independent and financially stable for me and my child before I jump into a marriage. Besides, the way we act now feels like we're married, so I don't see what a piece of paper or a huge ceremony would change." I told her.

She nodded her head, "I understand, baby. Things have really changed since my days growing up." She stated.