Prologue

Malinda Fields, 20 year old African American girl,  stood against the barn wall stark naked in front of the other slaves as the overseer whipped her mercilessly. Her knees buckle in pain but she did nothing but hide her face and cry. Malinda has been a slave at Tallon's plantation since she was born the head of the plantation had branded her like a cow when she was born and now had a permanent "T" on her left shoulder blade. 

"Stupid Whore" the Overseer spat at her. The Overseer took every and any chance to beat her and embarrass her only because in her youth of 17 when he had tried to rape her she had bit him till her teeth touched bone and he now had a permanent scar from it. For her the worst part of her humiliation came when he would beat any man or violate any woman that tried to help her.

Alorez Becker,267 year old white wolf man, stood in the far end of the plantation and watch as the Overseer beat this girl. he looked about 30 and was a young chiseled man. Whenever he would walk through town single women and even married women would throw themselves at him. The thing is since Alorez can remember he has always been a wolf and with that he had a mate but couldn't find her within the wolf world. But then his pack leader told him that there could be a chance that his mate would be among the human world he set out to find her.

As if knowing he was there,standing at the far end of the plantation, the girl raised her head and looked in his direction. Suddenly he felt light headed and his heart began to race and he knew right then that, that girl was his and that he couldn't stand around as that man mistreat someone he now couldn't live with out.