chapter five

Inside the Talon house..

"Sit." Mr.Talon ordered his daughter and she did just that.

"What's wrong Daddy?" Malinda was only allowed to acknowledge her father as 'Daddy' when the were in the house.

"There's money missing from my room Lili. Do you know if any one had made plans to take it and run off?"

"No Daddy. where did you put it maybe i can help lo-" Malinda was cut off.

"Shut up Malinda!" Her father spat. Her heart sunk and Mr Talon could tell by the look on his daughter's face.

"I'm sorry." Malinda whispered as tears ran down her face. "I'm not sure what i did to cause everyone to be so angry at me but I do apologize.." she sniffled.

"Lord." Mr. Talon grabbed both her hands and pulled her to her feet. "Your my lily in a field of thorns." he wiped away the tears on her face.

"I'm the one who is sorry sweet heart." He pulled her close and hugged her kissing her forehead. "you remind me so much of your mother. Strong yet as delicate as a rose petal."

"Daddy I'm not strong." Malinda said looking up into her father's green eyes with her own.

"Yes you are, ever since you were a baby never cried as a toddler you and Marcus i swore the two of you could take over the world." He chuckled at the memory. A memory he wish his wife would have allowed him to have more off.

"Daddy? Stop it. you always do this. I can see it in your eyes. Mama knew what she and Papa were doing." she said moving a brown curl out of her father's face.

"I can't help but feel like it was my fault. She had asked me for help to get to the north and out of fear i said no. Out of jealousy, i was so angry that she had chosen that slave man over me. i had promised her after your birth that she would live in this house as my mistress. that way you would be allowed to grow with you siblings but once she saud no that ment ma child would be born a slave."

"Daddy..."

"A Tallon Girl a slave. Can you even picture that? I couldn't i was so angry I didn't help her and she and that man.. Jeremy were caught..and hung..." He shook his head gently.

"Daddy. Please" Malinda cried with her father. "She forgives you I know she does."

"Thanks BabyGirl." he said with a smile.."Lord . any way please keep an ear out for any supicious behavior and let me know quick if you find anything out."

"Okay Daddy." Malinda answered.

"LILIIIIII!!!" Malinda turned to find Maribel running towards her. She squats dowwn and opens up her arms to recieve he baby sister."I missed you."

"I've only been outside not to far if you look out the window you can always see me."

"But why does Lili stay outside."

"Because I love nature and the smell of nature."

"Can i stay with you in nature too?"

"No baby your to little you'll get sick."

"Oh okay.." she frowned.

"but we can bake a cake before i go back. Just you and me."

"Yayyyyy!" with that Maribel let Malinda go and ran towards the kitchen. as Malinda stood up she heard he father laugh then sigh.

"such beauty and sadness wrapped into one." He spoke.

"Lord Daddy let it go.. I'm happy as I am, promise." she then turned to the kitchen and went to join Maribel.

"Only if it were that easy Lili, if only." he left for his room.

In the kitchen Malinda seated her sister on the counter and handed her a bowl of dough.

"Like this Mari. Just mash it down with your fist till there are no bubbles. Then it's read for the buttered pan and ready for the oven." They mixup the dough till it is good enough and put it into the pan.

"Will daddy like our bread, lili?" Maribel asked.

"He will love it." Malinda said laughing with her baby sister. just the she heard a shriek and someone pushed her away from Maribel. Mr.Talon runs down to the kitchen. when he got there his wife was holding Maribel.

"I came in here and this wick girl was trying to rape my daughter." Mrs. Talon shrieked at her husband.

"Mommy me and Lili are making bread."Maribel smiled.

"She didn't hurt you?" her mother asked her.

"Noooo why would Lili do that?"Maribel laughed. Mr. Talon rolls his eyes and goes back to his room.

"Well I better get going ," Malinda didn't like her daddy wife completely."the bread got about 17minutes left"

"Get out of my house" Talon's wife orders.

"If you couldn't tell I was already leaving." Malinda shakes her head as she laughs."Bye Mari."

"Awee...Bye Lili!" Maribel waves to her sister.

When Malinda got outside she was stopped my Daniel and Sean.

"You can't let Laura be sent to the gretter plantation." Daniel said.

"Seeing that she told me that OUR mother was in hell I do think I'm fine withe choice Mr.Talon made. And if you like put momma aside but she called me the overseer's whore the preceded to say that she has defended me to many time. Meanwhile it is I who is beaten everyday because she is always too darn slow and can't keep the nonsense she thinks in her head. It's not her being stripped naked every single day for the last 5 years. " She spoke defensively as she walked.

"Lili slow down." her brothers struggled to keep up with her.

She looked around she was already at her basket. She grabbed her basket and got to work.

"You sure are your mother's daughter." Sean said before he and his brother left.

***************

Alorez couldn't fathom what was happening to his mate. It seemed as if she was changing all on her own . Her speed had increase her defensive urges were on alert and the need to protect the name of a pack member. He would have to speak to his pack leader to find out more about his mate's wolf bloodline.

AND FAST.