Chapter 5

"Wow, this pie is super delicious!" Chara gobbled up Toriel's signature award-winning butterscotch cinnamon pie in just a mere ten minutes

"Glad you like it, my child."

"Hey Chara, do you want to go outside? I can show you the ropes!" Asriel said, his eyes full of sparkles.

"Why would you want to show me a rope?"

"Not that rope! I meant show you around the underground! "

"Well, I guess I'll go with you, it's not like I'm staying in this house forever..."

"Yay!!!"

~~~
"This is Snowdin!"

Asriel and Chara had arrived in Snowdin, it was shivering cold out there, but Chara was happy because Hotland is just too hot, and Waterfall is too dark.

Snowdin is a place where it always snows, that's why it's called "Snowdin". Everywhere you go, there would always be chunks of snow piling up at the alleyway.

"Wow, it feels great coming here,it's better than the previous locations..." Chara swiped the sweat out of her forehead, and a pile of snow caught her attention.

Asriel was buying nice creams and Chara smirked.

"Hey Chara, would ya-" Asriel was cut off when a snowball hit him right in the face, causing him to drop the nice cream.

"Haha, this is so fun!" Chara was laughing when the snowball hit Asriel. Asriel slowly stood up and make an angry expression.

"Um, sorry?" Chara scratched her head, and a snowball shot her right on the forehead, causing her to tumble backwards.

Chara wiped off the snowball from her head, and she looked at Asriel, he was smiling...

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!"

Chara smiled, and quickly made a bunch of snowballs and they start throwing them towards each other. They were having so much fun, other monsters are also joining the battle.

Everyone was having fun.

"Hey Sans, can I play too?"

"Okay, but be careful..."

Chara was having a great time here in the Underground. She loved it, she never wanted to leave again!
~~~
Chara bought some more nice cream to pay back Asriel, but she was super confused of the currency they're using in the Underground.

So Asriel helped her, and thry happily took a boat ride back home.

"So, Chara, how is the Underground?"

"It's great, the people here are SUPER nice. And it has such a great neighborhood, I never wanted to go back to the surface. I couldn't imagine what would happen if I leave..."

"Chara..."

Asriel hold onto Chara's hand, asking:

"Don't you want to go back?"

Chara was silent for a while, and spoke to Asriel.

"Asriel, it's time to go back..."

Chara and Asriel took a boat ride back to the castle.
~~~
Asriel's Room
Why don't you want to go home, Chara. Don't you miss your parents? Asriel couldn't help but thinking why Chara doesn't want to talk about it.

"Hey Asriel, your mom's calling you! She wants you to eat dinner!"

"Oh, okay!"