Chapter 3

More silence came after your question before Matthew spoke. "I-I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you." he said. "I said, Is. He. Alive." you spoke clear so you would be heard. "Oh, yes. He's alive." you sigh in relief. "At the moment anyway.." Your heart sank. " What do you mean 'At the moment'?" Arthur said. "The doctors are saying there's still a possibility he won't make it, but he's fighting-"

A phone went off on Matthew's side of the call. "one second please" He said before answering "Bonjour maman". You could hear a female voice yelling and see Matthew flinch but couldn't make out what she was saying. soon Matthew hung up."sorry, that was our mom." He said. "That's quite alright Mattie." Arthur said to the Canadian.

You look at him, then at Matthew, then to the ground. "Al is strong. I doubt he will go out without a fight. Matthew said quietly. "yeah." you say blankly. "I'll take her from here Matthew. Thank you." Arthur said. "No problem Arthur." Matthew said before he hung up." (Name), even though he's annoying, I know he will pull thorough." Arthur said.

He helped you up and sat you on the bed. "Yeah, but i have a feeling it's my fault." you say as you roll over to face away from Arthur. "How my dear?" he says, worried. "Nothing, Hey Arthur? could you stay in here with me tonight? I-I need someone with me." you choke out. "Of course love." He said climbing onto the bed and holding you as you began to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't remember much of what happened last night after the heartbreaking Skype call with Alfred's brother, Matthew. You remember getting in bed, crying, and Arthur holding you, him stroking your hair, but everything after that is fuzzy. Every time you try and remember something your head would start hurting. It was like a wall was put up to block your memory's. You walk in to the living room to fins Arthur on the computer. "what are you doing Arthur?" you say as you stretch and wipe the sleep from your eyes.

"I'm buying two plane tickets to Texas." he said. You rushed over panicked. "W-What? Why?" You turned the chair around for him to face you. "Because Matthew asked me to dang it!" he sounded irritated as he turned to face back at the computer. "sorry, You don't have to shout." you say, shying away from the angry Brit. "Sorry love. I just don't like going to the states." he said, relaxing a bit.

You sat on the couch and tried to think about what happened last night. "Hey Arthur?" you say softly. "Yes love?" he said back, not taking his eyes from the computer screen. "What happened last night?" he stiffened and slowly turned around. "Alfred called." He said slowly. "Why don't I remember that?"

"Because I blocked the memory."

"How?"

I'll explain later, OK?" He ended the conversation. "when are we leaving?" you ask, looking down. "This afternoon, I already packed our bags and put them in the car." you get up and walk over to him, wrapping your arms around him. "Arthur, whats got you so worked up?" he sighed. You really want to know (Name)?" You nod and he sighs as he touches two fingers to your forehead. All of your memories came flooding back to you. Alfred yelling, saying it was your fault, Matthew trying to calm him down and getting knocked out, Arthur yelling at Alfred.

It was your memories from the previous night. you collapse into Arthur's arms as you start to cry. "After Matthew regained consciousness he called and said Alfred wanted to see you." Arthur said, holding you close."That's why you're so worked up, you're scared worried he's going to hurt me." You say clutching his shirt."Yes love. that's why me and Matthew will both be in there with you." he said holding you out at arm's length.

"You know i love you (Name), but i have a feeling someone else does too." Arthur says looking you in the eyes. "That doesn't matter to me Arthur, I love you and only you." you stand on your tiptoes and kiss his lips. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you closer. "I need to go pack snacks for the trip okay?" you say as he lets you go and nods.

You start packing snacks and Arthur was calmer now and even seemed to relax. Soon it was time to leave and Arthur drove you both to the Airport. Once you got through security and onto the plane Arthur started to tense up again. "You ok Arthur?" you say turning off your phone for the flight. "I have a bad feeling about this (Name)." Arthur said as the plane started moving to take off. "Just breath Arthur, i'm sure everything will be fine." Little did you know a mess was waiting for you in the states.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait on this one! But have fun with this yet again cliffhanger!