Chapter One

Boom! It feels as if i've started my first year in Ps7 Elementary School yesterday. The school is on 231 Street right next to Saint Johns School. Even though only in the third grade I knew this and this only " It's a new year a new start and a better life " or more of what I would originally say in those years "If the sun still exists every days a bright day". My teacher and I bonded quickly after the first few weeks and its already four months in the school year and I'm doing so great . I haven't heard from dad but when did I ever anyways. My mom though is very unfair so I don't blame the lack of communication on him . I really do have my mind set in blaming it all upon her. She doesn't let me use her phone to call or even text him asking to come and see us. I really should just to see me . My older brother Emilio doesn't want to accept the fact that that is indeed our father neither does my little brother . My older sister has a different father so as I said I'm pretty much the only one to still have faith in him. What can I say ? I'm a daddy's girl .
So I begin the walk up the three flights of stairs to start the day at school. The cafeteria is already packed with third fourth and fifth graders hanging out eating and talking. I see my friend Carolyn and instantly go over to her to sit down. Today her hair is in two pigtails and she's wearing a blue blouse with blue flats on. She looked so beautiful in that blouse. I wish I had something like that. She starts telling me she has been talking to some boy in the fourth grade. I start freaking out. "Oh my gosh Carolyn!! Who who who!?!?!?" She points out to a actually really cute tall forth grader. He's tan , fit, tall, has glasses, and his hair is pretty long. I get this warmish tingly feeling in my stomach and I know I messed up. Carolyn's my friend but I think I just started the process of liking the boy she likes.
We start heading up to class to begin our normal day of working and sitting on the floor of Mrs Hurter's classroom. She is so freaking mean I hate her. She signs us all work to do and then will take it from us rip it up and sent us to the principals office if we even ask one of our peers for a pencil. When lunch came we were free. Away from her and her snotty self. I never got my way with that teacher. But at least I know school won't take so long to end. My class and I head downstairs to the lunchroom. As I'm sitting waiting for our class to be called to recess Carolyn slides in next to me and asks if I want to meet the boy she has been talking to outside. I agreed and rushed to the bathroom to check for anything wrong with my face hair or teeth all was clear. I pat down my pants and throw my sweater on. We all begin to head outside. My lunch period was mixed with all this grade classes and two fourth grade classes. Carolyn's crush was in one of those classes. As we are outside we are sitting on the benches hanging out when I hear Carolyn calling someone's name that I've never heard before "Oscar! Can u come here for a second please" When I saw the person she was calling my heart dropped into my stomach. I stared at Oscar and blushed. I repeated in my head "be careful be careful be careful" I didn't want to hurt my friends feelings but he was just so cute I stood by her while they talked and I looked around at all the kids playing. He kept giving me this look that made my heart warm up and beat faster. I don't know what it was but I kept ignoring it. Until that rainy day a couple of months after.
Its already May and Carolyn and Oscar as are finally dating. They seem so happy as Carolyn tells everyone they are. But one Monday morning I excused myself to the bathroom and I see Oscar hanging out talking to his friend in the hallway I continue to the bathroom to come back to him standing by the girls bathroom alone . We began talking.

"Wassup Ems" he said low as if a whisper
So I said "wassup ugly" jokingly whispering into his ear. He laughs and we continue walking. He starts to say after a while "you know ems.. I like Carolyn but honestly I see something in you that I don't see in anyone else your cute and funny and I like you but don't tell anyone." My heart raced and I started sweating those words had me so nervous as if I had seen the devil himself . I went to class and hoped to not see him again .Even though I knew that I liked him too . I continued the school day normally slowly trying to forget what Oscar said. I liked him a lot a lot but I didn't wanna hurt Carolyn it wouldn't be fair. She liked him first. I can't take that away from her. Well I kinda did. Later that day during recess Oscar talked to Carolyn he told her he likes me and he likes her. But he also said "I wanna be with her only" . She began to cry and scream and get so mad we thought she went insane she didn't. Eventually she got over it. For the next month she didn't want to talk to me and I didn't care. I didn't care only because I the month of June me and Oscar started dating and that was actually the biggest mistake of my life .