Avery Lane (1)

Avery Lane (1)

*Brenda's P.O.V*

"Hello?"

"Is this Mrs. Brenda Lane?"

"Yes, who's speaking?"

"This is the principal of Quinton Middle-School. Your daughter has run away yet again."

"I thought I paid you to take care of her!"

"I'm sorry ma'am but your daughter is no longer a part of our school. We're sorry."

There was a click. I sighed. How was I going to take care of my daughter if she kept running away like that? Sighing, I exited my cubicle and ran straight into my boss. "Hey there Brenda."

He smiled, winking at me. Yep, apparently I'm the only one in the office who he hasn't dated. I'm serious. All the other officers are all over him. The female ones. Okay even a few males.

"I prefer Officer Lane, Mark."

"Please, just one date. Just one. If you don't enjoy yourself, I'll leave you alone forever. Please."

I rolled my eyes.

"Go to hell Mark. You know I have a daughter and that she doesn't approve of me dating so just leave me alone."

As I turned away from him and ran to the door, he shouted, "She doesn't even smile!" I shot him my best death glare and then smirked. "Here's what I think of us." He became excited but it faded once he saw that I was giving him the finger.

Chuckling to myself, I clicked the elevator button and headed down to the lobby. After grabbing my car keys, I quickly got into my blue BMW and drove to Quinton.

Finding the principal, I walked over to him and fought the urge to slap him as he practically eye raped me right there. Bastard.

"Where is Avery?" I asked.

"She's on top of the cell tower." He replied.

I didn't even thank him, I just ran. The cell tower was far away from the school. How did Avery get there?

I got into the car again and drove all the way to the cell tower. I found the construction men there and ran to the head, who was ordering some poor guy who was acrophobic to climb the tower.

Sad. I called out to him and he turned. His frown turned into a flirty smirk. "Hello there gorgeous."

"I have a daughter."

That snapped that idiot back to reality and he put two and two together. "Sorry ma'am."

Rolling my eyes, I knew what would make my daughter come back down. "Avery! Honey it's me!" Avery didn't budge but as her mother, I knew she had acknowledged my presence.

"Sweetie, you like phones right? Come on down, I got a phone for you." Slowly, her little figure moved and climbed down the ladder. Once she had reached me, she just stared at the open space, not at me, or the workers. I handed her the phone, which she took gladly.

After apologizing, I made sure Avery was locked in the car before turning to really apologize to the men. All of them weren't meeting my eyes, instead, they were busy eye raping me.

Gosh, I have a daughter bastards!

I rolled my eyes, realizing I wasn't going to get their attention. I was about to go to my car when the head smirked. "You know I have to report this to child services right?" I nodded, sighing sadly. "But, I won't if--"

"Fuck off." I snapped before getting in the car. I swear I saw Avery shoot me a microscopic smile. Oh shit, I had just sworn in front of my daughter. Well she doesn't talk so she won't repeat it anyway. Lucky me.

"So Eve, would you like a little Starbucks?" I asked, using her favorite nickname. She turned from the window and made eye contact with me. I took that as a yes and we drove to Starbucks. I ordered a latte for me and Avery's favorite, a Frappuccino. She loves it. I handed her drink to her and paid the woman and then got my drink. We got our usual booth, just the two of us. Sometimes my best friend Mandy, also joined us. Avery was fond of Mandy as even she was a numbers gal. Difference?

Mandy doesn't mind if you touch her and she talks.

God, I wish one day Avery would talk. I don't care even if it's a single word, just let her talk!

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What'd ya think?

Please guys, comment, I really want to know what you people think of my story..

Thanks!

Vote

COMMENT

Add To Reading List