Avery Lane (2)

*Brenda's P.O.V*

Okay.

I have always been a calm and respectful person but my boss is seriously pissing me off. He was the head in a POLICE department and it didn't help that he was busy banging some bimbo in his office. I had to go there once to give him a fax number but that bastard was on top of a girl and everything on the table was now on the floor.

"Brenda, it isn't what it looks like." He said, acting like we were dating. The bimbo looked confused and just stared at me. I rolled my eyes. "Mark, I'm so sick of you coming after me. I already told you that we have no future and that I will always remain loyal to my husband. Please, for once, put my feelings in front of yours! Just back off. I'm never going to date you, why don't you get that through your fucking brain? We. Have. No. Fucking. Future! And the next time you want to bang, do it some place you won't get fired." I yelled, smirking at the last part. In came Mark's father.

At first he looked angry but when he saw the blonde only in her bra and panties, he started checking her out. I smacked him on the arm and he shook his head. "Right. Mark, you haven't shown any progress on the Wendy Mower case. Since Brenda has come up with a solution, I'm removing you from the position as head. Brenda is the new head and she will have a bonus salary. You on the other hand, take her position as deputy head. See you later then."

Before he could leave, the blonde ran to him. He smirked at her and put him arm around her bare waist. Then, lifting her bridal style, he left.

With a very angry looking Mark.

"What the fuck did you do bitch?!" He yelled, angry.

I smile innocently. "Oh nothing you sick bastard. I just got what I deserved." Winking at him, I left his room, laughing my victorious ass off.

*

"So let me get this straight. Because your incredibly hot boss was banging yet another chick, his really perverted father came and fired him and gave his job to you and he got your job?" Mandy asked, breathless. I rolled my eyes but nodded. Mandy had this hug crush on Mark and they would actually be cute together, if he didn't bang chicks every chance he got and if he lost that jerk attitude.

"Wow. Damn you are good Brie!" Mandy complimented, using my nickname. Mandy and I had known each other since elementary school. She was like the sister I never had. Mandy was wanted by every male that set his eyes on her but Mandy was more interested in a guy that was ready to settle down.

You see, Mandy had bad past. Her sister, Sara was raped by her cousin's best friend Gary. Her cousin, Daniel was the one I fell in love with and married. But cancer took him away and I hate that. Anyways, Gary's next target was Mandy herself but luckily Sara saved her. Gary is now behind bars and Sara has settled down with 2 kids and a very nice husband. Bailey and Zack are twins aged 13 and they're really sweet. Avery has taking a liking to them, mostly Zack.

I'm not that overly protective mother who would literally murder the guy who looked at my daughter.

Oh fuck no.

I'm the kind of mother who IS protective of her daughter but gives her the space and is happy and content with whatever decision she makes. Except the day Avery decides to run off with some dude she found at the bar. Oh heck no. I'm not even letting her go to the bar. Oh great. My daughter's only 12 and I'm thinking about her drinking. Wow, some mother I am.

"Listen Brie...."

"Yes....?"

"Can you set me up with Mark?"

"Sweetie, you know I'd do anything for you but you've got to get over him! He's nothing but trouble! He'll sweet talk you and once he gets what he wants, he'll leave you and I can't stand the thought of him breaking my best friend's heart."

Mandy sighed.

"Pease Brie, just one date? Please?" She pleaded. I sighed, knowing that she wasn't going to change her mind. I pondered over it. I could practically see it. Him taking away Mandy's innocence and then leaving her. I shook my head and looked at Mandy.

"Fine. But I'll be watching you 2 like a hawk." Mandy didn't seem to care, she squealed and ran up to hug me. I returned the hug, praying to god that my sick, perverted boss would agree to go out with my best friend.

*

"Hey Mark?"

"What do you want?" My ex boss asked, staring at me. "Umm, I need a favor."

He sighed and instead of making a sick comment like he used to, he gave me a small smile. "What is it?"

I was taken by surprise but I didn't show it.

"Will you go out with my best friend?"

Mark looked at me, his green eyes shining with honesty and kindness. Honestly, I never saw him give me that look before.

"Alright. But tell me more about her first."

I smiled and sat down, telling him all about Mandy.

Would you look at that?

I'm getting along with Mark!!

__________________________________________

Good news...

I'm still alive!

So what do you think?

Please comment!