Loses

"Tell me the truth!" Brandon shouted.

We were in one of the basement rooms of one of our warehouses with an adult man lying bloody on the floor. His mouth was gushing and his eye was swollen shut but he refused to do anything but glare between Brandon and I.

"Open your fucking mouth you little shithead!" Brandon yelled, bludgeoning his ribs yet again with a steel pipe. A burst of blood spattered from his mouth as he exclaimed in pain but that was the only noise he made, steadily refusing to talk.

Brandon raised the pipe again but this time I stopped him.

"Let me." I insisted, walking over to Damien's crumpled form on the floor. He looked back up at me with darkened evil eyes. Hateful almost.

"Dame." I stated, crouching down to his level. "This is stupid as hell. You know we know you've been dealing for someone else. You know we know you've been giving them intel. You may as well tell us who. That's the only way you may make it out of here alive."

He stared at me for a moment, dark and full anger still seething from him. Then he finally opened his mouth, to say the most unorthodox thing ever.

"I would die for her."

Then he spit at me.

I sighed, wiping the blood mixed saliva off of my shirt. Then I stood up, looking to Brandon who was quite literally on his toes with excitement cause he knew he was about to get his way.

"So be it." I walked toward Brandon, clapping a hand on his shoulder. "He's all yours."

Brandon smiled widely and I nodded, walking out of the room. I heard the power drill start up before I could completely close the door. Brandon was a tad fucking sadistic but it came in handy during times like this.

I went upstairs, looking around at the empty darkened space surrounding me. The building used to be a nightclub or a bar or something to that effect. Now, Zeri, Zinnia & I use it as a holding space for our business.

Speaking of...

"Zane!" Zeri exclaimed walking through the door. I checked my watch. 1 am on the dot. Right on time.

"Little sister." I hugged her as she approached me. Another set of arms swung around me in the middle of our hug and I untangled one of my arms so that they wrapped around both Zeri & Zinnia.

When all three of us broke apart, I studied them as they gawked at me.

My sisters and I saw each other roughly once or twice every 3 months. But it was always a celebration when we did because of what we did.

They were on Columbia's bounty list. Meaning not only the cops were after them. The locals were too. If you brought one of my sisters to the Columbian guard you'd be $50,000 richer. But it was Columbian legality. Which meant not only could one or both of my sisters be caught at any point but the ocean separating us would keep me from ever knowing.

And them getting caught would be more than the downfall of my empire.

My sisters would probably be killed.

And vice versa. I could pay off cops in the US with ease but if there ever came a day that money wasn't enough for silence....I'd be gone forever and neither one of my siblings would ever have any idea where I went or why.

So every time both of them made it back to me in one piece, we were all grateful.

"Is she here?" Zeri asked, looking around excitedly. Zinnia did the same and I suppressed a laugh.