01

[Min Jae]

"Get up honey, or else you'll be late for school!" My mom's voice rang in my ears.

I opened my eyes to see a ray of light hitting my eyes.

Let me introuduce myself first.

I am Lee Min Jae, 16 years of age, in grade 10.

My parents and I just moved into a new neighborhood here in Korea, because my dad found a new job since the beginning of the year. I also got into a school near by that is hard to get into.

"Alright mom, i'll be downstairs in a few minutes."

I looked around, still not getting familiar to the new house. I quickly changed into my school's uniform, and ran down the stairs.

"Go make some new friends today, alright?" My dad spoke.

"But i'm not outgoing, like how other people are dad," I paused and took a bite of my toast "it might take me the whole school year to talk to other students."

"Ya, don't talk with your mouth full, Min Jae-ah." My mom scolded.

I drank my orange jucie to drain all the toast in my throat down before saying-"Sorry."

I took my last bite of scrambled eggs, and grabbed my backpack.

"Have fun in school Min Jae," my parents said, as they walked me to the door. "Be careful making friends, don't choose the wrong ones!"

I rolled my eyes, as I went outside. I gave them one last look, waving them goodbye.

I began walking through the new neighborhood, going to school.

◎   ◎   ◎

I walked through an unfamilar hallway,going to my first class of the day.

"Hello, you must be Lee Min Jae." A female teacher greeted me.

I smiled, and nodded.

"I am Ms.Kwon. Nice to meet you." A smile crept on her face. "Class, this is your new class mate, please greet her."

The whole class stood up from their seats, and bowed at a 90 degree angle. I decided to do the same thing.

"Please sit in any empty desk you would like, Min Jae."

I scanned around the room, to see that there was an empty desk with a guy with pink hair, another one with a guy who had orange like hair, and two other empty desks next to him.

I walked over to choose one of the two empty desks.

The door swung open, as a guy with brown hair, with black piercings walked inside the class room.

Another guy came in behind him, having a rectangular smile creep onto his face.

"Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung, you guys are late once again." Ms.Kwon said, as he was just walking past her, coming towards me. "If this happens one more time this week, you both will have detention."

I guess I wasn't sitting all alone anymore.