Run and don't look back

I ran and ran and kept running even though I knew I couldn't escape them. Tears blurring my vision near misses with every tree I run past. My feet started to sting and go numb from the cold air. Wind blast in my face it feels like my tears are turning to icicles. My arm hits a tree scratching my whole arm causing blood to trickle down.

I finally reach a field stopping for a second to catch my breath. I can't hear anything just the wind. It was so still so silent like the eye of a hurricane. But I knew they were coming I wasn't exactly sure why they wanted me dead. But they did and it didn't matter why until I was safe.  All of a sudden I heard a gun shot and my ear started to burn. I looked up and grabbed the side of my head the bullet grazed my ear. I could hear them there's that queer! did you miss? you missed his head! I started to run again where could I go my family didn't want me. The Orphanage kicked me out after they found out I was gay. Maybe I could just let them kill me it would be fast and painless. Wait what am I saying I can't give them that satisfaction! The thought of that gave me a mental push and I started to run faster. I could here them yelling at me more and more but it started to get quieter. Hey come back here! We just want you to go see you dad in hell! What the hell how is he running that fast? Come back here....

I couldn't here what they were saying anymore I took a chance and looked back. They all had stopped hands on their knees trying to catch there breath. But I didn't stop running till I couldn't see them anymore. Once I couldn't see them I just kept at a fast pace jog. Finally I stopped and leaned against a tree. I slid down bringing my knees to my chest trying to get some warmth. What am I supposed to do I only have twenty dollars the entire town hates me. I guess that's what you get when you live in a small christen town in Texas. My mom gave me away when I was thirteen because she caught me kissing my best friend Michel. She started to cry then told me to pack a bag but I had know idea why. Now I do after that Michel never spoke to me again. When kids see me they look at me like I'm disgusting. All my "friends" make a cross with their fingers when they pass me. One time they splashed holy water in my face and I hissed at them. They ran like hell that was the funniest thing I've seen in four years. My dad was murdered by his best friend while he was at work. I don't know why I guess he just went insane or something. I was to upset to go to the trial my dad would of accepted me being gay. He was one of the nicest people you would of ever met. I started to cry more at the thought of him I missed him so much. We used to go play football with Michel and his dad. He would play the Xbox with me and I would always beat him but he did win sometimes. It was so funny when he did because he would do a silly victory dance around the house. My head jerked up as I heard a rustle from behind me I jumped up and ducked into a ditch. I could hear it getting louder and closer. I curled up and covered my head like I was waiting for a tornado to hit me. I could almost feel a presence beside me. Someone touched my shoulder my heart leaped out of my chest. I slowly turned my head and looked up. It wasn't one of them it was some guy from school that was in a couple of my classes. I think his name was James we have never talked before. He offered me his hand I grabbed it a stood up.

Why are you helping me? I asked

I tell you later but we got to go! he said urgently

He started to run I just stood there confused. Then he stopped and looked back come on! I jumped a little and started run after him. He was really tall with long black hair and green eyes. He didn't look that athletic but man he could run fast. We reached the road and he jumped in his car. He waved for me to get in I couldn't believe some one was helping me. I jumped in and he turned up the heat.

Are you ok? he asked

Yeah just some scratches I said grabbing my arm

He winced at the sight of it I got to get you back to my house he said putting the car into shift and starting to drive.

I didn't argue I had no where else to go any where it would be nice before he kicked me out. I just watched the trees outside the window and drifted off to sleep.