Washing Dishes

I drained out the water and found some pasta sauce. I heard James open his door and come down the hallway. I started to blush thinking about what I saw only five minutes earlier. He came into the kitchen and I looked up he was sniffing the air like a basset hound.

That smells good even better then mine. I usually burn the noodles he said jokingly

Well it's just my little way of saying thank you I said quietly

Well your welcome but you don't have to be thankful I wanted too it's not like I was forced too he

said shyly

Um where's the bathroom I asked like I didn't already know.

Down the hall last door on your left he said

Ok thanks I walked down the hall and shut the door behind me. I found the first aid kit under the sink I put some peroxide and Neosporin on my arm and ear. Then I wrapped my arm up and taped some gauze over the wound on my ear. I walked back into the living room and James was eating some spaghetti and had a plate for me sitting on the coffee table. I sat down next to him and he turned on the T.V and he changed it to Adventure Time. I

sat up I love this show I said excitedly

Really? he asked

Yeah why wouldn't I? I asked

Well some people think it's childish he said shrugging

Their just afraid of how awesome this show is I said 

We both chuckled and sat in silence till we were both done eating. I got up and grabbed James's plate from the table.

It's ok I can do my own dishes he said.

 No it's ok sometimes I like to do dishes it will be fun I said giving him a little half smile.

Well at least let me help you He said getting up and following me into the kitchen you wash I'll dry.

Ok I started to wash the dishes and it was just awkward silence. I should ask him now yeah now.

 I took a deep breath so um...are you gay? His eyes got wider and he lost some of the color in his face. I immediately apologized I'm sorry I just couldn't think of any other reason you would save me like that. 

Oh it's ok you just kind of surprised me well yeah I am gay he said but even if I wasn't I would of saved you your a nice, funny, and cool guy.

I started to blush thank you no ones said that to me since third grade. I said quietly

Your welcome he said shyly I could see him start to blush

So um.. is this your place? I asked

Oh no it's my sisters she's pretty cool I think you'll like her he said happily

We finished the dishes and sat back down on the couch. 

Someone knocked on the door James let me in! He jumped up and opened the door. Hey Lucy he said with a big grin on his face. She had a bunch of grocery bags in her hands. Do you need any help? I asked

Oh you must be Aqua yes please. I jumped up and grabbed the bags out of her hands. I'm glad your polite unlike Dumbo over here. He just smiled wider is that all of them he asked. No there's more in the car she said. He ran out the door beat you there he yelled and ran down the stairs. I carried the bags to the kitchen and walked back to the door. By the time I got there James was running back up the stairs skipping a step as he went. When he reached the door he almost tripped and I giggled. That's a cute laugh he said walking into the kitchen. I could feel my face getting hot again. I was halfway down the stairs when Lucy said there's no more bags he got the rest. Ok I said jogging back up the stairs. I waited for her to walk in before closing the door behind her. James was in the kitchen putting stuff in the cabinets and refrigerator. Lucy went to help him I sat down on the couch because that kitchen is way to small for three people.

James got done and walked back to his room for some reason.

Once she got done Lucy walked over to me well we haven't been properly introduced. She stuck out her hand I'm Lucy I shook her hand I'm Aqua. I know James talks about you all the time.

Really? I asked.

Yeah she said About how funny you are and how cute you are also about how those a-holes Zack, Devin, Cody, and Kenneth that mess with you all the time. Sometimes I wish people would go ahead grow up and get over themselves.

Yeah I said quietly

Well I got to go get changed she said walking towards the kitchen

I can't believe he thought I was cute I feel so bad .I barely know this guy and he talks about me all the time. I wonder if he heard what she said.

She came back and sat down on the couch and so did James. We sat there for an hour in silence until Lucy yawned ok I think I'm gonna go to bed. Then James yawned yeah me to. Aqua you can sleep on the couch or in James's bed with him she said and winked at me. James grunted Lucy he said what I'm just saying she said jokingly. I think I'll just sleep on the couch thank you I said. Ok your welcome it's no problem goodnight she said. Goodnight I said goodnight James I said Goodnight he said following behind Lucy through the kitchen. I laid down slowly drifting off to sleep.