Chapter 9

Reader P.O.V

I was standing out in the rain, my school clothes drenched, along with my hair. My cheeks were burning, my eyes stinging like hell.

I didn't know whether I was crying or it was just the rain dripping down my cheeks. The sky was dark and gloomy–I seemed to be outside of the school, near the front gate.

Usui was standing just ahead of me, his back turn towards me. His clothes and hair were just as soaked as mine.

Why are we standing here?

I open my mouth to call out to Usui, but nothing comes out.

I try again.

Nothing. No sound escapes my mouth.

'Usui! Usui! Can you hear me?'–was what I was yelling in my head, constantly.

I was confused, I didn't know what was happening.

"(Y/n)... I'm so sorry but..."

He trailed off, turning his head towards me, his face just as gloomy as the sky itself. His eyes didn't have their usual happy glow, but a rather glazed look to them.

'Is he ok?'

His bottom lip trembled, his eyes narrowed.

"... I'm breaking up with you... I'm sorry, I'll explain later..."

'..........wait, what?'

Usui's eyes wandered over my face one last time before he turned his back to me.

"I need to go now... Bye (Y/n)..."

He started walking away.

'Usui! Wait!!!'

He kept walking.

'Why are you leaving?'

My words still wouldn't form, all I could do was open my mouth.

'Come back!'

I try to run after him but I couldn't move, it was like my body was stuck in place.

I reached out my hand, even though I couldn't move my legs. I kept moving my mouth, hoping my words would eventually become audible.

'Don't leave...'

My knees start to shake, I was feeling weak. My strength in my legs suddenly disappeared, causing me to collapse onto the wet concrete.

An agonising sensation started to build up in my stomach. He suddenly stopped walking, he gave me a side wards glance.

He was crying...

"Usui..."

My words finally formed, it came out really croaky and quiet. I tried speaking louder but my throat felt raw and dry.

Suddenly I couldn't hear anything. The pitter-patter of the rain stopped, I couldn't hear a thing. It was like my ears just suddenly turned off.

I saw his lips move but not sound was audible to me, he then turned around and left.

Then everything went black, like my sight just vanished too.

What is happening?....

I woke up with a jolt, my head sweating and my cheeks were hot.

"(Y/n) are you ok?! You've been groaning my name in your sleep." Usui says worried, his eyes wander in over my scared face. I whipped my head around, I was in my room, safe and sound. Usui was with me.

I tightly wrapped my arms around Usui's neck, bring him into a embrace. He didn't say anything, he just held my waist tight. I started sobbing.

I'm so glad he's still here...

"Shhh it's ok, it's ok." Usui hushes me, stoking my hair lovingly. I nuzzled my head against the crook of his neck, he was so warm. He kept repeating 'it's ok' over and over again, until I stopped sobbing.

It felt like hours, just me in his arms, him holding me tight. I loved the feeling, his warm body against mine, it was soothing.

"(Y/n), I love you." He said lovingly.

"I love you too." I replied, smiling at him.

"Did you have a nightmare? Because you seemed really distressed." He asked, his hand drawing little circles on my back.

"Yeah I did, but it doesn't matter. I'm fine."

I lied.

I wasn't fine, I was scared.

What did that nightmare mean?

He stared at me for while, before nodding.

"If you say so..." He didn't sound convinced, but at least he won't bug me about it.

I wasn't in the mood, I just wanted to lie down by Usui's side and listen to his heart beat...

***

Sorry! This chapter is so short! But I promise that the next chapter will be way longer. Hint hint, it'll be a Valentine's Day special ;) haha