10 august 2015

dear jimin,

hello. hi. annyeong. wait. let me begin this proper again.

hi jimin, my name is park haeri and park haeri is my name. firstly, i would like to apologize if you can't read this handwriting. as you know, this is my first time writing to you and it took me a lot of courage (excuseee meeeee, you are my idol), so please understand that my hands are shaking real badly and i'm exceptionally nervous now.

anyway, please don't get me wrong just yet. this is not a love letter like any others you might have received. i am writing to you only because i wanted let you know that you are cool. <s>you are not fat, and you are so not a loser</s> pardon me for my choice of words. but before that, there is just one thing i need to confess.

yesterday, while i was walking home, i actually saw you at the park across from school. as usual, you were on the swing, munching on to your kimbap, just that at that point in time, i seemed to notice that you have had tears in your eyes. i swear, i didn't mean to spy on you but i was just concerned. because earlier on in school, i heard that bangtan was bullying you again. donghyun told me that you wanted to join the gang but was rejected and they didn't just put an end to it. instead, the boys started spouting insensitive comments about you and i thought that you probably were hurt by it. ahh... i'm sorry that i didn't console you right then as i had to rush home to help my mum with the housework. but after pondering over all those events last night, i felt more of the need to write to you.

like dude, you need to know that you are awesome. in fact, you are a brainiac! you are good in studies, sports, singing, art and all sorts of things - you are all rounded, which is daebak!

so, park jimin, please don't let bangtan crash you. you don't need them to get famous and to make the girls swoon over you for there are still people who like you for who you are. you need to stop hiding at one corner to cry when there are people around you whom you can lean on to. people like me.

and for your information, if the name haeri even hits you, i'm actually the girl who's seated right at far end of the class. so, technically speaking, i'm watching over your back all the time so don't you worry. i will make sure i personally karate chop all those hooligans who try to stab you in the back. :P cheer up dude! (btw, have i mentioned to you before that i really love your eye smile? you look cute with it, istg. (: )

anyway, i gotta stop here now. mr kim has been staring at me. but - i sure hope that this letter gets through to you. notice me senpai!!!

with love,
hairy