Chapter One

"Why did I sign up for this again?" Niall groaned as they stepped foot off the brightly colored bus outside of the famous steel plant - Payne's Steel Supply. It's an English family business really, one that had taken place in Mullingar in the early 1900s, and was passed down to the first son in the family. And the son currently? Liam James Payne; the young, multimillionaire-since-birth, arrogant, cocky, treasured by the public, and self-absorbent CEO of the whole incorporation. The one who attracts females like a highly-publicized shoe sale at the Mullingar Complex (A/N: A huge shopping district i made up, like a big walk-around mall). The one who makes adjacent corporations crumble in his wake.

He even allows educational field trips from the high schools he sponsors that are open to juniors and seniors only. It's optional, though, Niall thought getting out of class would be a plus but he's having second thoughts.

"Because it's educational, Ni." Louis beamed as they entered the large facility. The outside was enormous; black, sleek glass concealed anything happening on the inside, so you could see yourself in the reflection. Large panels towards the top of the building spelling out the letters P-A-Y-N-E that you could see from several miles away and glow at night.

"You only came so you could see the tour guide..." Niall dead-panned.

The huddle of mostly seniors - Niall being some of the few juniors, and Louis apart of the senior category- came to a stop before a tall man with brown curls flowing to his shoulders, emerald eyes that even Niall kind of swooned over.

"Hello, young bright minds of the Irish community, I'm Harry Styles and will gladly be your guide today." Harry's hands were politely clasped behind his back and he stood up straight, no doubt six feet tall and definitely British. Niall could literally feel Louis' heat coming on.

"Um, I'm not Irish Mr. Styles." Louis informed, with raised eyebrows and holding his chin up high, making his caramel quiff look taller. Harry raised an eyebrow, looking slightly interested in the English speaker.

"Do you wished to be addressed differently Mr...?" Harry stepped to stand in front of Louis at an appropriate distance, the difference between their heights quite noticeable indeed.

"Mr. Legal In Two Months." Louis held out his hand, the most mischievous smirk displayed across his face. The students disperse in a rumble of laughter and Niall inwardly cringed at his friend's behavior.

"It's just Louis Tomlinson." Niall quickly stated, his cheeks a rosy color. Harry raised an eyebrow whilst Louis glared at Niall.

The tour guide clapped his hands in the midst of the awkward silence, "So on with our tour, you lovely Irish folk, and Mr. Two Foot Tomlinson." He flick the wave of curls over his broad shoulders and walked further into the building.

The students began to follow in a fit of giggles, with the two boys staying behind a bit. Louis' fist collided with Niall's frail arm.

"Ow, what the fuck Louis?"

"Don't 'what the fuck' me, Wonderbread, you just embarrassed me in front of the top ranking, hottest secretary of this company!" Louis mocked Niall's accent, crossing his jean-jacket clad arms over his chest.

"No, you did that all by yourself, prick" Niall muttered, rubbing the now probable bruise on his arm, and began to catch up with the group. Louis starting to get ahead of him, in which Niall gave him a strange look.

"Lou, where are you going?"

"What?" Louis turned around to walk backwards briefly, "I want to get a good look at everything. You know, enjoy my tour."

"Bullshit. You just want to stare at Harry's ass."

"I can't do that when I'm in the back, now can I?" With that he winked and made his way up to the front of the group and leaving his Irish friend behind.

▫▫▫

They came to a balcony for which to peer over into the machinery at work. It was protected by a large glass frame so no one could fall in or trespass into the area. A huge furnace was set on the far side of the room while each metallic hand captured the pieces of newly melted metal. Each piece of high-tech equipment moved quickly and Niall's blue eyes swept across the electronic scape - absolutely mesmerized.

Harry's voice filled the air, "This is where the bulk of Payne's steel is produced. He has a multitude of men who collect the iron ore to be thrown into the furnace, where all unsanitary substances are removed. The steel is then produced when the iron is alloyed with carbon." Harry kept his gaze on the moving machines, and he could already tell that some students weren't being attentive. "Mr. Tomlinson, would you mind repeating how steel is made?"

Louis -who was lost in his own wicked fantasies- tore his bright eyes away from the secretary's bum, looking quite sheepish, "Oh, yeah, um..."

"Pay attention, next time, Mr. Tomlinson." Harry pivoted on his heel and lead the group out of the balcony room.

"Don't have such a nice arse then, damn." Louis grumbled, keeping up with the group.

Niall stayed behind unknowingly while the blue brightness of his eyes observed the furnace. How fire spewed out of the entrance and produced the melted steel. He could only imagine how hot it was. It could kill a person in seconds; no air, no protection, no escape.

"Fascinating isn't it?" A deep voice uttered from behind Niall. The blonde quickly whipped his head around and was face-to-face with none other than Liam Payne himself. His eyes widened and he back up against the glass wall, now he realized that the group had moved on without him.

"Are you associated with the high school tour?" Liam asked, stepping closer in his crisp, black business suit that probably cost more than Niall's car.

"Yes, I got a bit side-tracked by the machines and-"

"Don't worry about it," A genuine smile graced Liam's lips, "The lamb strays from the herd every so often, but we definitely don't see blue eyes like those on a regular basis..." Niall stuffed his hands in his front pockets and the blood flowed through his cheeks, coloring them a vibrant red.

"Erm," Niall chewed on his lip because he didn't know if he should say thank you or compliment the CEO back. "I mean, I have a friend named Louis and his eyes are a pretty blue color. Kind of like a cerulean-"

"Was I talking about Louis' eyes," Niall shrunk in on himself when the distance between vanished quite quick and Liam hands were on either side of his head, "Or was it about you?"

"M-me?" Niall stammered. He literally just didn't know how to describe the situation that was beginning to unfold.

Liam sighed and backed away, "I have a presentation to perform so I can educate your high school colleagues." He adjusted his tie, "Are you just going to stand there and stare at me like that?"

Niall shook the baffled expression from his face and attempted to straighten himself up. He had just met him and Niall knows for a fact that Liam isn't going on his goodie list. Well yeah, the guy's a walking and talking super model that has sex written all over him.

"I'll see you in the presentation hall, young man." Liam walked off hastily. The Irish boy exhaled -hoping the take the flustering edge of his mood- and let his lips buzz together.

"That was quite... odd." He murmured to himself.

〰〰〰

A/N:
Alrighty then, so yeah, this is a cute lil story I thought up so I though it'd be cool to write it :) This is quite dedicated to MidnightLarries because she all sickly and I haven't seen her in a week. And we haven't been keeping good communication either, yikes D: So feel better Rosy. Make sure you vote and comment, ye :)