The Guy In Front Of Me

I sighed.

Again, for the... how many times has it been already? Oh, I've lost count.

Sometimes, I wonder if this guy is playing a prank on me, or maybe he hates me.

Or perhaps ... just a hunch, he likes me? Oh, cross that out.

I'm elected for this semester as the class representative of Class 4-B. So, I'm a member of the Student Committee. Every first Wednesday of the month, except of course if it's a holiday or if there's no class, all class representatives; the president of Student Council, and the adviser – a teacher will have a meeting of sorts.

In the committee, there is this guy who always sits in front of me, unless I'm absent or he's absent, that's a given, right? He's also a class representative, but I have no idea what class he belongs to, it's not like I need to know.

At first, I don't really mind because it's my first time attending. It might just be a pure coincidence; after all, you can sit wherever you want to. Also, there are times that I unintentionally sit behind him so it can't be helped if he's in front of me. But, sitting in front of me consecutively for the past meetings ... you've got to be kidding me.

It was the 7th of January, I was walking at the patio in the A Building alone when suddenly, a group of students, four boys talking and laughing loudly, were walking towards me. I recognized one of them immediately. Why would I not? He always sits in front of me!

I moved to the side because I don't want to be noticed by him. As if he can recognize me, I'm always behind him after all. But I didn't notice the group of students walking behind me and so, one of them accidentally stepped on my shoe. So, when I lifted my foot, my shoe was removed. Just great! The girl did apologize and I just smiled and nodded at her. But as I was picking up my shoe, a guy already got it before I did.

"Hey, is this yours?" he asked. Of course it's mine, you dumb-ass! I wanted to yell at him because it's so obvious! He even got the guts to raise it to my face!

"Isn't it obvious?" I answered him with a poker face. Based on his reaction, he was surprised. "Why did you even pick it up? I can pick it by myself.", I said to him. "Are you trying to act cool?" I mumbled. And as I was about to get my shoe from him, he let out a sigh.

"Sorry, his bad." Another guy came to us and took my shoe. Shock hit me; he's the "guy in front of me". "Then how about this..." What was that! He threw my shoe approximately five meters away.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I asked him angrily.

"I think you can pick it up by yourself." He answered with a smirk on his face. The guy who picked my shoe left but he just stood there. "I just saved you. Don't make him angry. He likes to play pranks." He said and then, he left. He saved me? Does he have loose screws in his head?

I hurriedly picked up my shoe. And when I put it back on and continued walking, it hit me! I guessed I'm the one who's on fault here; I should have just thanked him. Oh well, it's not like I am going to see him again.