Chapter 1

!UNEDITED!

That was it. Hermione knew she could not put up with this any more. The sight of Ron with another witch just made her furious. She had tried to talk to him about it but whenever she did she would just get a red handprint on her cheek.

But now she was determined. She would do anything to get her Ron back.

When Ron came back that night, drunk as usual, she told him that she had planned a picnic with Harry, Ginny, Bill, Fleur, George and Fred.

Hermione was, as she had expected, subject to another slap. But this time, she looked Ron boldly in the eye and said, "Not this time Ron, nothing will change my mind." And with that she had stormed of into her room with her eyes full of tears. She feared that Ron would not come back to her ever. But she had to try didn't she?

The very next day she apparated to Harry and Ginny's house at shell cottage. She told them that she had planned a picnic to Harbour Lake. When she told them that Ron wouldn't be coming, Ginny piped up "But why? That git, he would miss a lot! He ought to come." But Hermione just shrugged, as she didn't want to tell them about Ron's behavior as she knew both of them would be apparating that second and hex him.

Hermione left their house and walked to Bill and Fleur's house. She told them to apparate to Harbour Lake at 7 in the morning. She repeated the instructions at the Burrow to Fred and George only as Charlie was in Romania.

At 6:30 the next day Hermione was ready. She wanted to leave early because she feared if Ron were awake he would never let her leave.

She was the first one to reach. Then Harry, Ginny, Bill and Fleur came together. Then came George and Fred.

She doubted the twins would come as they had their shop to run.

But she was glad when they turned up, especially when Fred did. She always had a soft corner for Fred.

If Ron was out womanizing, she could also maybe.... But she put that thought out of her mind right away. How could she cheat on Ron?

She felt guilty. She did not feel like entering the water. Especially not without Ron.

Everyone started splashing water around and having fun. Everyone except Fred. He reached out for her leg to pull her into the water, but she had seen that coming so she got up and said,

"No Fred, it's okay. Just go and have fun."

"Fun without you Granger? Not possible,"

And with that he picked her up in his arms and jumped into the water. She screamed as they hit the water together. Fred just laughed. Hermione splashed water on Fred who choked. Hermione was the one laughing now. Fred wanted revenge. Hermione swam away and said

"No way you can catch me, Fred"

"We'll see about that."

Fred started chasing her while she tried to get away from him.

The others had caught their attention when Hermione had screamed but Hermione and Fred where far too busy enjoying to notice.

Ginny said to Harry

"I think they would have made a better couple, don't you think?"

Harry just nodded. Bill joined in

"I did tell Fred to ask her out, you know, but he told me that he will leave her for Ron."

George realizing what they were talking about, smirked, he knew what to do and he swam over to they were standing and pulled Hermione's leg underwater and she slipped and her lips fell on Fred's!

She closed her eyes. She felt strange. She felt good, she had never felt this way with Ron, not even in their first kiss in the chamber of secrets. This kiss, it didn't feel real, it felt like a dream, a dream come true.

She openned her eyes. Fred was there standing in front of her, kissing her. His eyes were closed. Hermione's eyes travelled up to his hair, his red hair. She wasnt married to this red-headed boy. Guilt rushed over her, she pulled out of the kiss.

"What's wrong?"

"I am so sorry Fred, I can't do this"

She got out of the water and ran away to the tent they had put up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT WAS THE FIRST CHAPTER! HOW WAS IT? PLS LEAVE A COMMENT!