Chapter 1 - I hate New York

Chapter 1: I hate New York

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

"GLADLY! I WOULDN'T WANT TO SPEND ANOTHER MINUTE HERE ANYWAY WITH A BITCH LIKE YOU AROUND." I roared back at Charlotte who was throwing books off the shelf and firing them at me.

I hated that Bitch.

Charlotte is the only living relative I have left. My parents died when I was fourteen, in a tragic plane crash. They both worked as archeologists witch caused them to travel a lot and work all around the world. A little piece of me died that day, I haven't been the same since. I mean how could I? The most important people in my life just vanish off the face of the earth. Their bodies were never found so we never really had a proper funeral.

Exactly one week later I was forced to move in with my Aunt Anne and her daughter, Charlotte who was sixteen at the time.

We never really did get a long. She always blamed me for everything bad that happens. Apparently I'm 'bad luck'. Which is total bull in my opinion.

Ever since my Aunt died two months ago, Charlotte has been going crazy and I mean bat shit crazy. Flinging books, cups and all sorts at the sight of me. She blames me for her mother's death. No surprise there, huh. I'm 'bad luck' remember?

I really loved my Aunt she was so kind to me and I miss her. I don't understand how she could have created such a demon.

I'm 18 now. I never really thought about moving out until now. I had no where else to go.I ran up the stairs and slammed the door. I pulled out my tattered suitcase from under my bed, that used to belong to my parents and fired all my clothes and other sentimental things that I owned in. They didn't all fit but I did my best.

I threw my favourite old, green coat on, grabbed my purse emptying my piggy bank savings into it. Clutching onto my suitcase in one hand I snatched my phone off the counter and legged it down the stairs and out the front door making as much noise as possible for that annoying, yet dramatic effect. I'm pretty sure I heard something crash against the wall just as I slammed the door after me. She always had a bad aim.

I was out on the street. It was crowded with people pushing and shoving in a hurry home from work and going about their business.

I tightened my grip on the handle of my suitcase and shoved my phone into my pocket. I rushed down the street and that's when it hit me.

I didn't realise that I had stopped in the middle of an on going human traffic jam getting shoves and funny looks off people. But where the fuck am I suppose to go? Keep calm I can hop into some motel. I've got money, enough to last me about a week in a motel but no longer. I turned the corner and hopped into Starbucks and ordered a coffee to calm my nerves.

I'm homeless. Well I definitely couldn't have predicted this two months ago.

I sat there for half an hour flipping through my phone debating my next move. I could arrange to stay with my friend Tia. She lives a couple of blocks away from here. After swallowing the last sip I build up the courage to go to her house and ask her. I decided to take the short cut to save me five minutes. Its getting dark, I glance at my watch 7:45.

I was walking down the mainstreet and turned the corner for the short cut. It was a long, narrow, dark and dreary alleyway but it only took a two minute walk to get to the other side.

I continued walking staring at the dirty, mouldy black walls either side of me. The place smells like piss as per usual. I guess some people can't hold it in.

There was a homeless man with a grizzly and untamed beard sitting on a piece of cardboard a couple of feet ahead of me. I tightened my grip on my luggage. As I looked at the man again I seemed to recognise him from somewhere. He had an indistinguishable glint in his emerald green eyes. I must have seen him at a different part of town before or somewhere. Feeling sorry for him I threw him a dollar and continued walking

I was half way down the alleyway when I saw a big dark figure enter from the other end.

He was power walking towards me, hands fisted in his jacket pockets.

It was too dark and he was too far away to see his face. But I could only imagine what a man as big and broad as him, dressed head to toe in black and is zipping it down the alleyway is up to. Calm down, he's probably just in a hurry home like everyone else and took this short cut and is most definitely not in a hurry to mug or attack me, I tried reassure myself. He was getting closer.

He was tall, muscular, dark haired and had a slight tan. He had an unreadable expression painted on his face. His eyes were as blue as the sea, I could just look at them all day. Is it legal to have such beautiful eyes? Why couldn't I have been born with such dreamy eyes. I bet I would have gotten a lot more dates too. I snapped out of my trance when he started running towards me. I then began to panic.

"HEY." he shouted out.

I stopped in my tracks and slowly started taking steps backward. He pulled something out of his pocket and quickened his pace. A knife. It was at that dear moment that I decided that the beautiful yet freaking crazy man had bad intentions.

Holy Shit... He's coming at me with a fucking knife.

He's going to stab me.

I started sweating, my heart was beating like drum. I turned around to at least attempt to save my life, even though I had a very slim chance of beating him in any race, to see the homeless man from earlier on running up from behind me, gripping onto a long sharp object in his hand.

Great. Two people want to murder me. Well didn't I choose the perfect day to become homeless.

God, I hate New York.

_________________

Hola! 💁👋👋
Vote and Comment.