Prologue - Part 1/2

Ianite
Kikoku Lodge
11:02 pm

It was a fierce winter this year, which made Ianite thankful that she had the comfort of her familys lodge. She stood by the sink, trying to decide on an empty enough beer bottle to play truth or dare with. Absent-mindlessly digging, she stared out of the window, looking at the snow piling on everything. It wasnt until she spotted light reflecting off something that she spotted a shadowed figure moving, disappearing a split second later. Taking a step back, she called out to the group of ten that sat in a circle on the floor not too far away from her.

"Hey, didn't dad say it'd just be us this weekend? Because I swear there's someone out there."
"Are you already drunk, 'Nite? It is just us this weekend."

She turned around and rolled her eyes at Dianite, not in the mood to receive any of his sass. He motioned for her to join Redbeard and Mot, who were both passed out on the kitchen table and she imitated throwing a bottle at him before picking a bottle and bringing it to the group. The group cheered when she returned, and she took her seat in between Mianite and Capsize, the later who swung her arm around Ianite. Placing the bottle in the middle of the group, she silenced the group who had began chanting 'Dare or Dare' and spun the bottle. Everyone cheered yet again when it landed on Capsize.

"I dare Capsize to kiss Jordan!"
"Shut up, Tucker!"
"She should chug 8 beers in 2 minutes!"
"Ay, something that might not get me killed please, Steve?"
"How about..she has to go outside and stay outside for ten minutes."

The group was filled with agreements at Tom's dare, and Ianite felt uneasy. She did see something, or maybe someone out there, but when she voiced her concern everyone complained.

"Come on, it's just us!"
"Your eyes was playing tricks on you, it's dark out."

Surprisingly enough, Capsize scoffed at the idea that someone was out there, and decided to increase the dare with Tom; if she could go outside in a coat for thirty minutes Tom would owe her 30 dollars but if she failed she would owe Tom 30 dollars. Everyone agreed and before Ianite could complain, Capsize was already strolling out. The game continued, and Ianite quickly found herself being dared. Capsize would be fine, wouldn't she?

-

Capsize
Kikoku Lodge
11:09 pm

Capsize tugged her coat around her, willing the thirty minutes to go by faster. She was beginning to feel the snow seeping through her coat, so to try and get warmer she started walking about the lodge, confident in her abilities to beat Tom in this bet. She was surrounded by darkness, but her eyes got used to it pretty quickly. She was about to return to the other side of the lodge when she heard a stick break and footsteps running. She turned around only to be able to see the figure of someone running into the forest.

"Hey!"

She briefly considered going in and telling the others, but she quickly dismissed that thought; there was a stranger on her best friends land and she was not going to let them go. She ran in the forest, trying to follow the footsteps. The forest was filled with twists and turns, and after a while, she realized that she couldn't hear the footsteps. She stopped for a second, and strained her ears, but she couldn't hear anything. Suddenly, she spotted some birds flying away from a spot further down in the forest. It could be the stranger, but it could also be an animal. If she went back now, she might be able to get the others, but they might think that she was pranking them, due to her ways. What should she do?

[[Continue further in the forest // Return to the lodge]]

((a/n: Hi! This is my first story on wattpad so I really hope you'll like it. I already posted two parts on tumblr but if the choices are different I might change it idk. My mianite blog is @dianitesdynamite.tumblr.com, so it will be posted there so if you see it there dont panic. I make the choices based on comments on the chapter and tumblr. Enjoy!))