The begining

Chapter 1
There's 365 days in a year and only 45 days left for us. I'm Tyler and I'm running away from them, the infected and from the government. I'm going to run out of ammunition and food supplies so I'm going to have to go to the forest at dawn for food. Desiree is waiting for me back at the hideout and I should get back now.
"DESIREE WHERE ARE YOU!!". I can't find Desiree and I need to leave now I found a U.S army car outside and a couple infected with them. I'm extremely screwed because Desiree has the food supply and the only working rifle we own and I only have a Revolver pistol with 6 bullets left. I really don't know if I should leave or stay and wait for her but I need to think and fast before they come and search inside here. I found a water bottle and a backpack with some stuff with it and I really didn't get to check because someone touched my shoulder and I quickly point the gun at that persons head. "Tyler chill it's me Desiree it's ok I just had to go to the bathroom". "Damn it Desiree you scared the crap out of me,there's a U.S army car right outside our hideout and you just creep up behind me". "Sorry it's ok let me just get my backpack and we will leave". I'm really glad I stayed with Desiree because she's amazing from head to toes and she's smart and everything but we just have to protect each other for now. Who knows what would happen later but all we know is that right now all we can do is run away from them and survive.