Two

A/N: thank you so much to those who reviewed and voted! hope you like this chapter :)

would again like to apologize for making Ray an asshole pls forgive

also most of this sounds like it's in third person, but it's because it's Leo retelling the story that Olivia told him. IF THAT MAKES SENSE. still in first person.

----

Olivia was sitting solemnly, now right next to me in bed. Her shoulder pressed right against mine; the bed wasn't made for two people. She had turned her phone on Do Not Disturb, but she kept checking it anyway. She had fifteen texts from Ray and two missed calls. She looked at that like it hurt her.

The breakup was fresh. It had taken months for Olivia to discover I had been right about him. That bothered me more than actually being right about him.

"Wait, did... When did you break up with him?" I asked, hoping I was allowed to ask. I wasn't sure where we were friendship-wise. I thought we were okay again, though.

I guess I was right, because she answered without a missing a beat. "Before I came here." She smiled a tight, fake smile. "I know I'm stupid..."

"No you're not," I told her quickly.

Her smile brightened slightly. "Thanks, but I kinda am. I found all the texts—or should I say 'sexts'—on his phone to all these girls. Five. I found five. And... that was two months ago. I forgave him, Leo. I'm that girl. The one that thinks she can change a guy. He said he wouldn't even look at another girl, and I believed him! I fucking believed him!" She exclaimed, her voice gradually getting angrier. She looked away from me, focusing somewhere on the floor.

"Well... Olivia... I don't understand that. But it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense, and it doesn't make you stupid. Sometimes we ignore bad things that people do to us because we can't accept the fact that someone we love so much can hurt us so bad."

When I said that, she turned back around to me and looked right into my eyes. I always felt a burning in my chest when she did that. Her big brown eyes were so suffocating. But that time they didn't look red, not evil at all, but sad. She understood, I could tell, that she had been that person for me. That she had hurt me and I had let it go because I loved her too much.

I didn't want to talk about that, though. So I asked her another question.

"What happened tonight?"

Olivia sighed. She kicked off her heels and put her feet up, then she told me the whole story.

It was their one-year anniversary. Things were going well. They were perfectly happy, eating at a fancy restaurant and ordering drinks that they weren't carded for (apparently if you dress old enough, they assume you are old enough). They laughed at nothing and scooted their chairs right next to each other. She was having one of those magical nights where it felt like nothing could mess it up.

Until something did.

He was holding her hand when a petite brunette walked up to their table. She looked at Olivia like she hated her, and Olivia didn't understand. She had definitely never seen her before. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her boyfriend, thinking maybe he knew what was going on. Which he did, from the horrified look on his face.

He stared back at the girl, and slowly he let go of Olivia's hand.

"Oh, so this is that celebrity girlfriend of yours?" The girl asked, glaring at Ray for a moment, then looking back to Olivia. "I've been dying to meet her!" She gave a big fake smile and stuck her hand out.