Chapter 2

One Year Later

Naruto and Sasuke were now both seven years old and under Kuruma's teachings, they both came a far mile. They would often always be together at either the Fourth's house or their 'special spot'. Right now, Naruto was invited to the Uchiha's compound for dinner and he and Sasuke were on their way. When they reached the compound, they weren't greeted by the guards like usually. Actually, they were greeted by complete silence.

"Sasuke, did everyone go somewhere?"

"No, I don't think they did. Maybe there all in their homes. Lets go."

When they went inside, the saw bodies, dead bodies that were Uchihas all over the floor. They were shocked by what they saw and Sasuke immediately gripped Naruto's hand, who squeezed it. They ran through the compound and they saw a man with a bloody sword, killing the last person there. As he turned around to face them, the three had the same expression on their faces: SHOCK!

"Itachi what are you doing?! Why are you killing them?!" Sasuke yelled.

"Foolish little brother, they were to test my strength. But I suppose, they're all weak, just like you."

"To test your strength? Itachi they're family! How could you?!" Sasuke just sobbed. Naruto was too terrified to do anything, but before he could do anything, they both blacked out.
---------------------------------------------
Naruto woke up and he saw that he was in the hospital. Looking around, he saw that Sasuke was right beside him on the hospital bed, still asleep. Just then Sasuke woke up and looked around as well and saw Naruto looking at him

"Sasuke! I'm so glad that your alright!"

"Naruto what happened.......don't tell me that was all real? Did Itachi really....I really am weak, just like he said." he trailed off. Naruto looked at him and went over to his bed and climbed on, seating on his lap.

"Listen here Sasuke. You aren't weak. Your strong, the strongest person our age alright? Don't let what Itachi said get to you. "

"But how come I couldn't save them. Don't you see, their all gone and I'm all alone now." he said almost on the verge of tears." Naruto just wrapped his arms around his neck as Sasuke wrapped his arms around his waist.

"How could you say that Sasuke. I won't leave you no matter what. You know what we'll do? We're going to get stronger and then we'll kick his ass and ask him for the truth."

"What do you mean, the truth?" he asked, still hugging him tightly.

"Well Itachi said that he won't kill weak people, but how come the elderly and the younger children are all dead?" Sasuke realized the truth in his words and smiled, "besides, Itachi did leave a gift for you."

"What gift?"

"You unlocked the sharingan. I saw it before we blacked out," he removed his arms, much to Sasuke's disappointment, and looked him in the eyes, "try putting some chakra into your eyes." he did as he was told and sure enough, as he looked at his reflection, he saw one tomeo. "see, know we're the same."

"I can't believe it. I actually unlocked the sharingan! But lets keep it a secret, alright?"

"How come?"

"Well yours is a secret, and I want to get stronger without anyone knowing."

"Alright Sasuke, let's do it together. Oh this time we can get all the scrolls." Just then, the Hokage and nurse came in and saw the boys

"Oh Naruto, Sasuke. I see you both woke up."

"Sure did jiji. How long were we passed out?"

"A week. I'm really sorry for your loss Sasuke." the old man apologized.