Chapter Twenty-Three

Once I got back home, Hiccup was there sitting on the stairs. He looks up when he sees me walking in and he stands up with a smile.

"Well that shopping sure took you so long" he says and I tensed up. Right, I told him I would go out to buy a book and some paints. Shoot!

I let out a nervous laugh "Yeah, quite new to this place you know"

"Rapunzel?" Hiccup and I turned to see Merida and Anna making our way towards us "Where on earth have you been?" Anna asks once she got close enough.

"I just went to town" I answered. Liar. I gritted my teeth. Shut up.

"And ye didn't tell me? Hiccup made me do some research and hunting fer dragons all dey!" Merida complains which made Hiccup scratch the back of his neck.

"Sorry Mer, I went out early and ypu were still asleep" I lied...again.

Merida rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand "Well c'mon let's have some dinner" I let her drag me to the dining room.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

After dinner, I said goodnight to each of them before going to my room. Once I got in, I thre my bag to the side and buried my face on my pillow.

I was slowly drifting off to sleep when there was a knock on the door. "Yes? Who is it?" I asked sleepily.

"It's me, may I come in?" I heard Hiccup answer which made me sit up straight. Shoot! He's here to ask how my day went.

"Punz?"

I bit my lip and for some reason, I can't find my voice. What am I gonna say if he asks what books I bought and how many paint brushes I picked?

"Oh, guess you're asleep now huh? Goodnight Punz" I heard him murmur and it made me guilty.

I heard his footsteps fading and I knew he's going back to his room. I squeezed my eyes shut, let out a breath and collapsed on my bed again.

I stared at the ceiling for a while until I drifted off to sleep.