Chapter Thirty-Eight

I walked out of the cabin wearing my purple coat and matching gloves. Even with my thick coat on, I can still feel the cold.

I sighed and looked for Jack. Where the heck is he? I walked to nowhere really and just enjoyed the silence.

I was just admiring the view and the peace when I noticed something peculiar. I looked down to see the frozen and wilted flowers blooming slowly as I walked by.

This is normal. Well in this world it is. I just smiles and dismissed the thought and continued walking. I actually don't know where I am and where exactly am I heading but I don't really care.

That's when a pair of arms snaked its way around my waist making me jump in alarm.

"Shh, relax it's just me."  Jack's deep voice made me sigh in relief and roll my eyes at his antics. "How many times do I have to tell you not to scare me?"

I can feel Jack's heartbeat on my back and I furrowed my brows at how fast it was. This isn't normal. Jack's silence made me nervous "Jack? You okay?"

I heard Jack sigh and felt him bury his face on my hair. His huh from my back tightening. "Punz, what are you doing to me?" I heard him whisper.

I raised my brow in confusion. What is he talking about? His breath tickled the back of my neck which made me break away from his embrace. For some weird reason I regret doing that.

I then faced him "What are you talking about? Are you sick or something? Your heartbeat seems abnormal."

He smirked, rested his staff on his shoulder, tilted his head to the side and lastly, shoved his free hand in his hoodie pocket. God! Why does he have this weird effect on me?

"So you've noticed. Don't worry, I'm fine. Now let's go have that fun now shall we? You brought the skates right?"

I nodded and held up the skates I was holding for the couple of minutes. He nodded and grabbed my free hand. His fingers intertwined with mine. He then led the way. I suddenly felt blood creeping up my cheeks. What the?

What's happening to me? What are you doing to me Jack?