Chapter 4

*Jades POV*
I was just staring out the window, waiting for some sort of conversation from Luke. Nothing, Nada, just silence. Whether its comfortable or not, I really couldn't tell at this point. We finally reached our destination and I looked out to see a small, cute, little coffee shop. I smiled slightly and looked at him pleasantly surprised. "What?", he asked, with a small smile. "Nothing, just didn't expect this." I replied. We got out and he led me to the door. We sat down at a booth and once again silence overwhelmed us, that is until the waitress came over to get our order. "Hey the names Lucy, some call me Luce, how may I help you?" Well from the way her chest is hanging out her shirt, I'd say she's helping Luke get a free show, that's for sure. Scowling I said, "um can I get a chocolate chip cookie and a french vanilla expresso with whipped cream." She smiled and then went on to get Luke a regular cup of coffee and a muffin. 'She seemed nice..' My wolf started to say. 'I wonder what Luke thought of her.' 'I don't know Rose maybe that she's gorgeous with all her voluptuous curves? Or that she's just the right type for him?' She got really quiet and an uneasy feeling settled over me, why am I thinking like this? It's almost as if I'm jealous PSH! As if! A throat clearing had me jumping up and catching Luke's eyes. He just continued to stare until he frowned and looked as if he could tell whats bothering me. "Jade" oh how I love the way my name sounds when he says it, wait what?! "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" 'Pretty?' "Nothing just thinking how that waitress looked like the perfect match for you, maybe you should try to get her number?" Luke just stared then busted out laughing. "Um? You ok?", I questioned mumbling, "it wasn't that funny." After he calmed his laughter, he finally looked at me and froze from shock as he realized I was serious. "Oh! You're serious? I'm with you and you're telling me I should get this girls number? Sweetheart, I wouldn't do that with anyone." I blushed at his words, and just nodded my head. "How charming is of you." I heard him softly chuckle and I blushed even more. 'Did I say that out loud?' I looked up and saw the most breath taking thing I've ever seen, the most straight pearly white teeth smiled at me so genuine I would've thought it was directed at someone else behind me. "What-what are you smiling like that for..?" He just shook his head and took a sip of his coffee. 'Wait coffee? When did she come back?' "So the reason for skipping school, practically kidnapping me and taking me to this cute little cafe was because?" He sighed and took a bite of his muffin swallowing nervously before he continued. "Well Jade I know we've drifted apart after freshman year but can we be friends again.." The way he looked with his puppy dog eyes I couldn't say no but I couldn't say yes either. Not after what happened and the reason we drifted off for the first and only time. What do I do? Do I accept his offer giving my trust again or do I follow my instincts that tell me to run out that door and don't ever come back? With a gulp of my coffee, I look up at him give a small smile and open my mouth, when the door to the cafe opened and in came someone that immediately had me getting out the seat as his eyes narrow at me.