Lie 2

I wake up to Ravi moving around. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" He asks as he walks into the kitchen. I shrug and stay laying on the couch. My eyes close once more as I am still tugging at sleep.

When I open my eyes, Ravi is standing behind the couch in a suit. He pulls on his tie, putting it into place. "I'm going to a meeting." Ravi says, kissing my cheek.

"When will you be back?" I ask, watching his eyes. Giving him a kiss on his cheek, he checks his watch.

"Probably back in about 3 hours. It shouldn't be that long." Ravi grabs his bag and heads towards the door. Before he leaves he waves to me. I smile and wave back at him as he closes the door. The door locks and I am left alone again.

Moving the hair out of my eyes, I walk up and head into the bathroom. Splashing water onto my face, I look up at myself in the mirror. I feel pathetic. "Ravi.. Do I hurt you?" I ask, though I'm just talking to my reflection in the mirror. Swallowing my tears, I go into our bedroom and lay on the bed.

*

"I'm home." I hear Ravi say as he walks into the bedroom. Slowly opening my eyes, I sit up and watch Ravi. He takes off his jacket and unbuttons his shirt. As he sits down on the bed next to me, I help pull off his tie and toss it to the side.

He kisses my forehead. I put on my smile and snuggle my head on his shoulder. "I love you." Pain stabs at my chest. Ravi wraps his arms around me and gently rocks me side to side in his embrace.

"I love you too."