1 - Stood Me Up

"The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations."

-Eli Khamarov

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kaycee's POV

It was a little pass 8 in a Friday evening when I entered Chill's Café, the sweet aroma of coffee and pastries hit my nose.

It was a last minute plan to go here when my best friend Claire phoned me up and told me to meet with her ASAP a few mintues ago saying "It's urgent". I actually don't really know what's so urgent that she has to meet up with me in this time of the night rather than through a phone call.

As I look around the place, I tried remembering when was the last time I went here. Setting aside the fact that the café is cute and a bit small, Chill's is actually a locally famous place to get your coffee. But in all honesty, because my house is about a 35 minute ride going here, I've only been here about 4 times.

Another reason why it's so strange of Claire to chose to meet here when Starbucks, her favorite go-to coffee place, is much nearer from our houses.

The place is still what I remembered it to be, still having that cozy and homey feeling interior.

There wasn't much people inside because it's already late at night, just an old man enjoying his black coffee with his daily newspaper and a teenage couple who might be on a late night date.

A smile plastered on my place when I had rememebered the last time I went here. It was a late afternoon when my house wifi decided to act weird, making me problematic on how I could finished my essay due tomorrow.

So I grabbed my car keys, drived myself here, bought myself a Red Velvet Cake Crème Frapuccino and selfishly used there wifi for my school works. It has been 2 months ever since.

Grinning to myself, my thoughts where interrupted when an unfamiliar voice spoke to me, "Welcome to Chill's Café, how can I help you?" The quiet but soothing voice asked.

My eyes flickered to find who's talking to me and was greeted with a pair of emerald green eyes looking straight at me.

In a moment I was in daze, just admiring the green color when I realized I was gaping at him for a mere few minutes. A sudden flush of blood went to my cheeks and the next thing I knew, I was blushing.

"Umm... A Frozen Caramel Macchiato please." I said, as my eyes check him up and down. Damn, this guy is attractive. His hair has this curly waves on it, his emerald green eyes perfectly going with his hairstyle and a fit body figure to add it all up.

What's up with this guy that looks like a model, working in a coffee shop? And most importantly, how come this is the first time I saw him here?

"Seeing something you like miss?" He asked, his lips tugging into a playful smile.

"Um, no?" I lamely replied, which came out more of a question as the blush not leaving my cheeks anytime soon.

No wonder you don't have a boyfriend Kaycee.

"Not believing it." He said, not looking at me, his smile not leaving his face. Cute. He tap a few times in the iPad in the counter before swftly moving to the machines to make my drink.

A few minutes later, he came back with my Frozen Caramel Macchiato in his hand putting it on a tray and other things like the straw and tissue napkins before handing it to me. "One Frozen Caramel Macchiato to go."

I smiled and paid him my drink. "Thanks." I grabbed my tray and was about to leave so that I wouldn't do something stupid again that I'll regret when he stopped me.