twelve.

theo james as theo marx bc hai cutieeee
michael b. jordan as michael foster bc hai handsome

//--------\\

Zayn wakes up to complete darkness, the only light coming from the night sky that's barely visible through the curtains. He rubs away the sleep from his eyes, looking around the room and frowning when he realizes he's all alone in Liam's room.

A noise of distress escapes him, his eyes flickering to the empty side of the bed then to the bedroom door where it's closed, but Zayn can make out the light coming from the rest of the apartment. Zayn gets out of Liam's bed, biting his lip and running his hand through his bed head hair. His hair is still a bit damp from when he took a shower with Liam earlier in the night.

He still feels a bit sore around his bum area but the soreness brings a smile to his face as he recalls what finally happened between he and Liam earlier tonight. He can't wait for all the other experiences he'll get to be apart of with Liam, can feel the excitement in his bones.

He's in nothing but a faded NYU t-shirt of Liam's that goes almost to his mid thigh. He doesn't know what time it is, but he knows he's slept for quite a while for it to already be dark outside.

As he makes his way out of Liam's bedroom, he stops right outside of the room when he hears Liam's voice coming from the direction of the kitchen.

Zayn doesn't know if he should interrupt whoever Liam's talking to by walking in or just stay where he is. He doesn't very much like the idea of eavesdropping on Liam like that so he decides to just enter the kitchen.

He halts in his tracks when he hears Liam let out a frustrated groan, clearly upset with whoever he's talking to on the phone. Zayn presses himself to the wall and strains his ears to get a clear hearing of what's got Liam upset.

"-changed my number and moved again. I don't understand how you keep finding me. It's getting creepy and out of hand."

Zayn's eyes widen at Liam's angry tone, he's never heard Liam sound so angry. It's a shock to hear his seemingly calm boyfriend almost yell into the receiver to whomever is on the other line. Not to mention the words Liam's spilling out, what the hell is going on?

"You've got to stop Cheryl."

Zayn can feel himself tense up after hearing Liam finally say a name and it just had to be a woman's name didn't it? Zayn thinks bitterly, curling his hands into fists and biting his lip when his short finger nails pierce into his skin.

Zayn listens intently to the way his boyfriend sternly keeps telling the woman on the phone to stop whatever it is she's doing, obviously it's stalking, Zayn thinks.

When he hears Liam's voice get quiet, he choose that moment to make his presence known by stumbling into the kitchen, rubbing at his eyes and pretending he's not been eavesdropping.

His stumbling and mumbling makes Liam startle, voicing his goodbyes into the phone before turning around and facing Zayn with a small smile. "You're up."

Zayn nods his head silently, looking down at his bare feet with his arms crossed before gazing back up to Liam with a frown present. "Who was that?" He asks quietly, unsure if he actually has the right to ask such a question to him.

"That... was-was just an old friend." Liam says, chuckling softly as he closes the distance between them and presses a kiss to Zayn's temple, wrapping his arms around his smaller frame.

Zayn stays silent but he does bring his own arms up to wrap around Liam's waist, hugging tightly to his boyfriend. "You hungry? You slept past dinner."