All For You

Chapter 1

"Mason!"

Brooklyn ran towards him with excitement, careful not dropping the squirming ball of fur in her arms.

"Guess what! My dad finally let me have a puppy! She shoved the golden little puppy in to his face, causing him to back up and grimace. The little golden retriever had hair that stuck out a bit, showing a bit of her dark eyes and nose.

Brooklyn kept pushing the dog closer and closer to Mason causing him to feel a bit claustrophobic.

He pushed the small animal away by her little nose and wiped his hand on his jeans, trying to get rid of the drool.

Rolling his eyes at Brooklyn and her pet, just mocking her with his gaze.

How childish could she be? For her to just squeal at the thought of having a slobbering mutt in her household. Surely she would regret it later on when it starts eating her homework or something. And we all thought she was a perfectionist.

"Hey Christmas is coming soon, do you want to hang out at The Spot for a while?" Brooklyn asked, a blush slowly creeping up to her cheeks just as he was about to walk away, done with silently complaining about her new mutt. We don't hang out that much anymore and there are some presents under the tree we set up."

He looked back, gazing at her large and hopeful eyes. She looked like those cute four year olds with her holding on to her little puppy and it almost killed him to decline her offer, especially the cold and harsh way he did. "Presents? From who?"

She hesitated to answer, but heaved a heavy sigh. "Um me."

"Only yours?"

She nodded, not looking up from the fluffy joy in her arms.

"Then it can wait right?" He gave her his sarcastic smile. The ones that he always gives to the desperate type of girls when they wouldn't shut up and leave him alone.

But Brooklyn knew that look very well. "I don't think I need to use all that energy just to come and get one small present from you. Right Ally?"

She seemed uneasy. "I actually have a few more presents for you."

"For me? I thought you said you were the only one who brought presents."

"I was."

He chuckled bitterly. "It can still wait." He turned and started to walk away, knowing that he couldn't face her when saying the next words.

"I'm not going to miss spending time with Chris and the others just because you want me to open your presents.

What are they? A bunch of pancakes and a few clothes? I get enough of that from everyone else.

She froze, hurt slowly creeping up to her face. Small droplets of tears crept down her cheeks quietly, not that he noticed them since he was already off and running over to the Christmas party.

His words ran in her head the rest of the day while she would walk on for miles and miles aimlessly through the crosswalks and streets, not bothering to answer the numerous phone calls and texts, asking her about why she wasn't at the party. That year, Brooklyn Hart didn't take the rare opportunity (for her) to have a party on Christmas.

__________________________

Mason walked down the street, his eyes searching for his favourite store, One Way or Another. He's been enjoying his day so far, hanging out with his friends.

He was looking for a specific brunette but, to his dismay, he ended up face to face with the annoying rat, Brooklyn.

"Mason!" She exclaimed, a surprised smile etched on her face. "Do you want to hang out? You seem busy."