'Always Be Happy'

Chapter 3

As the dull grey hospital doors swing open, there was Mason praying that it would be Elena coming through those doors, but sadly, it wasn't her, but Christina a best friend that both Mason and Brooklyn once shared.

"Hey Mas," Christina said in a calm and soothing voice but there was something hinted that didn't sound right. "Are you ready for a new beginning?"

"You should be thanking me you know." said Christina who glanced at the door.

"You did me a favor? How?

"Well I visited your donor." she said and Mason's cheerful expression dropped.

His once happy smile faded.

His donor? He thought.

The donor was still alive? His breathing stopped a bit.

"I convinced her."

"What does that mean?"

Christina closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Mason could tell that she was having a hard time.

She exhaled. "I convinced her to let you know who she really is."

He nearly shot out of his bed. "Wait what?! So I can see her?"

"No not yet!" Christina exclaimed.

"Why not?" Mason said pouting.

"She specifically told me that she wants you to do the surgery first!"

"W-what? But that means she won't be alive then."

Christina couldn't take it anymore.
"I know. She said that you wouldn't accept her heart... if you saw who she really was."

"Why?"

"She doesn't think that she's good enough to have her heart.

But nobody is ugly, Mason thought. Sure he was a teenager with hormones flying around saying crazy jokes but that doesn't mean it's true. Mason was definitely grateful that this girl, whoever she was to give up heart, her life just for him. Mason.

Though he wondered why, he understood.

Christina then had a thought in her head.

"Hey Mason, do you still talk to Brooklyn?"

As she asked that very simple question, Mason's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Of course I do." He bluffed.

"Well," Christina said digging into her purse, "she wanted me to give you
this."

What Christina held in her hands was a napkin from the coffee show right across the street. Mason took it from her hands and read three simple words.

'Always Be Happy'

Mason looked even more confused. Why does she keep reminding him to be happy? He shook it off decided to question her after surgery.

"So, did you guys finally have a happy ending?"

"What? Ew! No!"

To Christina's surprise, Mason went from happy to disgust.

"She actually... became quite annoying over the past few months."

Christina's face froze which worried Mason quite a bit.

"Oh really?" Her voice became dead, with absolutely no emotion once so ever. 

"Yeah. For the past few months, she's just been bugging me giving my migraines and headaches and you would think it was my condition doing that!" He said chuckling at the end.

"She actually met me yesterday telling me she loved me."

Christina then perked up gaming interest back into their conversation.

"And you said?"

He chuckled. "Of course I didn't return the feelings. I would never put up with someone like her. I swear to God that I would never fall in love with someone like that."

"You're so judgmental."

"You don't know Brooklyn anymore," Mason laughed and reassured her.

"She's so childish. I mean, she's eighteen and yet she acts like a six year old. She can't mature and shut up some times. If only you know her the way I do, Tina. Only if you do."

The petite young woman laughed, but it didn't show any sincerity. It was pure bitter. "I forgot who I am, Mason? I'm her best friend and I still am. If you only remembered her the way I do, Mason."

She left soon after and Mason was then put into sleep. He imagined the donor, to be as perfect- no- maybe more perfect than Elena.

"Ahhhh" he sighed.

"Thank you for making this possible." he said to her as they came face to face in his dream.

She smiled softly to him and nodded her head, as if to say, "Anytime. "

That soft smile, and those gorgeous caramel coloured eyes.

It all seemed so familiar yet so foreign.

He knew where the familiarity was coming from. The tugging coming from his heart, recognizing the owner. The girl standing in front of him.

As she started to walk away, he reached out his hand, wanting to grab on of what was left of the stunning feminine  figure with the bright glow that felt just right. But something made him stop and just let her leave.

He knew she had to go, but the farther she walked, the lonelier he felt. As the distance between them increased, a void was growing bigger and bigger in where his heart was. It felt as if his heart was wrenching with pain as he takes each step away. It hurt. It hurt so much. And once she was finally gone, the pain stopped. He felt nothing. Emptiness. And that, by far, was the worse feeling yet.
_________________________

Hey guys hope you enjoy this chapter!